POP3 account is syncing - how do i stop it?

Get help with Send/Receive problems, Account configuration, Ports numbers, Email Servers and more!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
synctroubles
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

POP3 account is syncing - how do i stop it?

Postby synctroubles » Wed May 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Current version installed:
Incredimail 2.5
Build ID: 6605328 Setup ID: 2 Pn: 162762202

Errors being received:
This operation could not be performed because messages are still being synced.
I get this error trying to delete old emails.

messages are being synced.
if you exit now, this process will not be completed.
I get this trying to exit. If I choose 'yes' to exit, it will do so. If I do 'no', then the only way I can exit, is go thru all my accounts, receive(sync) the mail and Then I can exit.

This is supposed to be POP3 and is not supposed to be syncing. This just started in the last week. Our ISP (Cox) recently changed to allow either POP or IMAP. I have set email up according to their POP settings and it still 'syncs'. I have contacted them and have yet to get an answer other than check with the people who have your email program. I have seen other people having the same problem and no one seems to be able to fix the problem. I have seen responses in places that it's a problem with Microsoft, incredimail and your isp provider. Does anyone have a real solution to this? Have even tried to delete and re-add the accounts to no avail. Some answers have suggested that during this process a display should show giving you the choice of setting up your incredimail account as pop or imap - do not get that option!!

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: POP3 account is syncing - how do i stop it?

Postby IncrediModerator » Thu May 18, 2017 4:36 pm

To address this issue, please click on Tools > Email Accounts, remove all existing accounts, and then add it/them once again.

Note: As removing/readding the account merely reestablishes the connection to the mail server, your current messages and folders should not be affected.

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

synctroubles
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby synctroubles » Thu May 18, 2017 9:08 pm

Ok, tried deleting accounts and re-adding them in. It appears to be working. It's not pulling in all the old emails like it did before. There were some differences though. When incredimail set up the account, it set it as follows: incoming mail - pop.east.cox.net. Per Cox, it should be pop.cox.net. Outgoing server was set as smtp.east.cox.net. Per Cox, should be smtp.cox.net. Incoming port was set at 110. Per Cox, should be 995 for POP accts. Outgoing port was set at 587 which is correct. 'This server requires a secure connection' was not checked for incoming or outgoing. Should be per Cox. I tried receiving email with the settings like Incredimail set it up, then changed it to what Cox said it should be. Worked both ways for receiving/sending messages. At the moment, I'm not getting the "This operation could not be performed because messages are still being synced" or " messages are being synced. if you exit now, this process will not be completed" messages anymore. Am able to delete files and exit w/o a problem. It still says 'Connecting' then 'Syncing' when checking for mail, but apparently now, it's not really 'syncing' as it was before. I will try this on my wife's pc and see if it works there as well. Thanks!

synctroubles
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby synctroubles » Fri May 19, 2017 5:07 pm

Well, I guess I spoke too soon. I no longer get the sync message when deleting an email but I still get the sync message when trying to exit Incredimail. This is what's happening.

Deleted an email from one of my accounts
Clicked the 'X' to close Incredimail
Right clicked on the incredimail icon to exit: messages are being synced. if you exit now, this process will not be completed
Re-receive mail and try to exit again - same thing (it's set up to check(sync) mail on both accounts regardless of which one I'm in)
Switch to other account
Incredimail automatically 'syncs' mail
Click on 'X' then choose to exit - this time it exits successfully

I have both email accounts set up under each identity so when I 'get mail' it checks both accounts for mail, so therefore both are in sync. Even if I delete an email and run 'get mail' again to sync both accounts, I still get the message that 'messages are still being synced....' I have to manually go to each account and let it receive mail THEN, when I try to exit, it will do so. Same thing happens even if I have the account set up to just check mail for that account. if I delete an email, I have to manually go to each account and let it sync before I can exit. Any suggestions??

synctroubles
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby synctroubles » Sat May 20, 2017 9:49 pm

Finally found a combination that worked. Per Cox, check server requires authorization, incoming-pop.cox.net, outgoing-smtp.cox.net, outgoing mail - port 465 and check box for 'this server requires a secure connection. These are all good. However, for incoming mail, Cox specifies using 995 and checking the box for secure connection. This works fine in Windows Live Mail. It does not work in Incredimail. For Incredimail, I have to use the old port 110 and NOT check the secure connection box. When set up this way, I can send/receive mail w/o a problem, delete emails without the 'sync' mail and exit the program w/o getting the message that it's still 'syncing'. Hope this helps someone.

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Sun May 21, 2017 11:17 am

I am glad to hear IncrediMail is now working as it should, albeit with some effort on your part :-)
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

synctroubles
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby synctroubles » Mon May 22, 2017 8:18 pm

So is incredimail going to fix the problem? Port 995 for secure incoming mail works perfect with Windows Live Mail, but when using it in Incredimail, it works unless you delete an email, then you get plagued with the sync messages described in the original write-up. If you don't want to see the messages you have no option but to use the non-secure 110 port. I prefer not to use that port as I'm sure others do, so if it's not going to be fixed, I will have to switch to Windows Live Mail. Let me know...

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Tue May 23, 2017 10:25 am

If you are licensed for IncrediMail Plus, please contact our support team by clicking on Help > VIP Support in the top menu of IncrediMail, and we will be happy to further troubleshoot the problem in a more personal manner.

There is a limit to what can be achieved in the Forum.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

Return to “Email Account Issues”