new mail disappears/cant send/cant delete

Get help with Send/Receive problems, Account configuration, Ports numbers, Email Servers and more!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
Jatsar
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

new mail disappears/cant send/cant delete

Postby Jatsar » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:18 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: 2
Your Internet Browser Type: Google Chrome
Your Operation System: Windows XP

What have you done before the problem occurred?
I installed version 2 (was working fine before)

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
initially I had an error message but un-installed and re-installed program now no error message - just not working.

Please provide a full description of the problem:
There are several problems:
1. I seem to be receiving messages but the messages do not show up in the inbox (they disappear) I did reconfigure the email settings earlier and all my messages from my server were received over 1500 (I keep a copy of them there) but have gone and not showing in the inbox. Unfortunately I did not tick the box keep a copy on the server, so they have all gone!!!
2. There were messages in my deleted folder so I got rid of them. The actual messages have gone when I open the folder but the folder indicates there are still 96 messages.
3. I have 49 messages in my drafts folder, which still show up but the folder now says I have a phenomenal amount of messages over 1 million and cant delete.
4. Cant restore my computer to before I down-loaded the program!!!!

Thank goodness I can still read new messages on my server but all the old ones have disappeared once they were received by the Incredimail program grrrrr!!!!

Ready to scream!!!!

dstephan6
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: new mail disappears/cant send/cant delete

Postby dstephan6 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:19 pm

Incredimail: 2
Browser: Firefox
Operating System: Windows 7
No Error Messages

The same thing is happening to me. I have been an incredimail user for years and have paid for a premium account. However, the last few months have been a nightmare! I have uninstalled, reinstalled, removed every trace of incredimail to get rid of the "bad email" or whatever was causing the problem. I finally appear to have incredimail installled properly. But although it says that email is being received none shows up at all in my inbox. The email that I send never gets to the people that I'm sending it to. I'm am so fed up I could scream at this point. Is there an answer for these problems? They seem to be getting worse and worse!

Slowmoe
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Slowmoe » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:52 pm

Me to.
Have installed win 7 on a new pc. Installed IM 2.0 as one of the first programs, imported my old emails and contacts from the back up I made prior to move to a new machine.
The I pushed receive and 47 mails was downloaded. But they where nowhere to find. I am a premium user for many years and have never had problems like this before.

walcojo
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby walcojo » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:39 pm

I have returned to Incredimail months after uninstalling it because of email problems. I did hope I could resolve the problems but that was a vain hope. I have a gmail account and incredimail repeatedly downloads from that account, but the emails don`t show up in my inbox.It`s a shame because I have been with incredimail for many years, with no problems. Could it be Windows 7 that is causing the problem?
I`ve looked on the forum for people who are experiencing the same problems - and some people are -but incredimail doesn`t seem to have an answer to them.
Has anyone solved this particular problem?

krycek29
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby krycek29 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:43 am

Hello there

I had the exact same problem with my incredimail after I tried to install Beta 2.5. It screwed all up. My new messages disappeared, couldn't delete, and the send window vanished when I tried to send..

This is what I did..
First make a backup of all your files incredimail files.
To find out where to go Click Tools, then Options, under the General tab click on Data Folder near the bottom. It will look something like this.
Go here C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\IM (if your missing some folders you may have to unide your hidden folders) For that goto my computer, goto tools, the folder options,the view, and scroll down to hidden folders.
Make a backup of the whole IM folder, it will contain lots of stuff, identities, emotions, skins etc.. Just make a separate folder and copy it all in there.

I also made a backup of my contacts and data by using the export method. Click file and use the data transfer wizard..

Then what I did was completely un-install incredimail refer to the link below: (note you will lose all your stuff this way but your files are still all in the IM folder you made) plus with your data backup.
http://help.incredimail.com/incredimail ... errer_id=1
you could try to just uninstall Incredimail normally first, and see if that works, because the link above,
thing is I tried just a normal uninstall and the problem was still there afterwards.

After you uninstall, Reinstall incredimail and goto the next step.
After you get all your setting configured you can know reimport all your messages.
Do a couple test runs and make sure you can receive new messages, and send..

now.............
Click File,Import Export, then click import messages.
It will prompt you to import from a specific folder.
This is a little tricky, navigate your way to IM folder, in That you will see the Identities folder.(the identities are really long number folders)
YOu may see a few Identities, the best way to see what one is yours is to choose the folder that is the largest in size.
chose that one, then it will scan the folder and ask you what folders to import. So you can import inbox, sent, deleted, or any other custom folders you made.
YOu can choose specific folders...
After that you should have all your e-mails back,.
YOu probably will have to reinstall your contacts, but you can do that with your contact back up from the data wizard or you can double click on your identity folder that your backed up and put that in the newly reinstalled address folder, you can just copy that to the new address folder.
After all that work I got my incredimail back to normal, just dont install the beta 2.5 it sucks.... lol
Note you will have to reinstall all your skins and stuff aswell, if u need help on that msg me im too tired right now lol.

Probably sounds confusing, sorry its late and im tired, if you need help send me an email bender1972@hotmail.com

renaej4
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby renaej4 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:55 pm

So I did that, and it all worked great.......until I transferred in my old info, and back to the can't see new emails/can't delete/can't send. What now?

krycek29
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby krycek29 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:52 pm

Hey Renae,

Well when you transfer from your back up it will go back to the original problem.That happened to me too.So I did it the long way.
So I would do that all over again. Import all your messages all from your folders like you did before that way you have all your messages. .
If you import all your messages the long way you will get all your messages back.
It should copy them all just below your main folders. You can just transfer them into you main folders once they are imported.

You can import your contacts from a backup that should not affect you inbox problem. So export your contacts and import them afterwards if they are all deleted.

If you want to import all your letters, identifiers, backgrounds, skins, you can just open those folders and install them manually...
They will look like a orange icon, if you double click on it will install, you can highlight multiple files and just hit enter and it should start installing them

if you need more help send me an email bender1972@hotmail.com

Return to “Email Account Issues”