Socket Error: 10061 , Port: 25, Protocol: SMTP.No connectio

Share/Bookmark
Get help with Send/Receive problems, Account configuration, Ports numbers, Email Servers and more!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

Socket Error: 10061 , Port: 25, Protocol: SMTP.No connectio

Postby mooglythemonster » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:00 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: 2.0
Your Internet Browser Type: Google Chrome
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?
i have 3 e mail account set up on IM and i've been using IM for years. couple of weeks ago, i was trying to add an new e mail account. and I could receive all mails but not sending. ( only for this new account - the rest are still working fine)

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
Socket Error: 10061 , Port: 25, Protocol: SMTP.No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

i tried to change the prot to 587 - same message:

Socket Error: 10061 , Port: 587, Protocol: SMTP.No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Please provide a full description of the problem:
I have quite a few e mail accounts on IM, been using for few years - has no problem at all. and this time when I tried to ADD an new account - it only can receive incoming mail, but can't sent out. If i change " from" to another e mail account, it will send with no problem.

however, the strange thing is - this e mail account is working fine on my iPad or iPhone. and also fine on webmail for both sending and receiving.

I read few people had the same problem, and i tried to solve the same way, doesn't work.

any help will be appreciated . many thanks

PS. any ideas on how to back up all the mails in inbox? i am on IM 2.0 Premium... thanks
mooglythemonster
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Socket Error: 10061 , Port: 25, Protocol: SMTP.No connec

Postby mooglythemonster » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:07 pm

in addition - after I changed from port 25 to port 587, i received the same message ; after i changed to 9xx suggested by another member, the IM doesn't stop connecting. .... now i am stuck - can't stop, even i press " Ctrl +Alt + Delete" and end of IM, when i re open it - it still the same " connecting......"HELP...... thanks
mooglythemonster
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Socket Error: 10061 , Port: 25, Protocol: SMTP.No connec

Postby moonstar » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:58 pm

Please read the following post:

http://forums.incredimail.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=252

If none of these help, please let me know.
Best regards,

Moonstar
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
moonstar
IncrediMail Support Team Member
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Return to Email Account Issues