Mail receiving in duplicate or triplicate

Get help with Send/Receive problems, Account configuration, Ports numbers, Email Servers and more!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
sclions17
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Mail receiving in duplicate or triplicate

Postby sclions17 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:58 am

Your IncrediMail Version: 2.0
Your Internet Browser Type: FireFox 3.5
Your Operation System: Windows Vista

What have you done before the problem occurred?
Selected the properties in tools to see if copies are placed on the server. It is unselected.

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
N/A

Please provide a full description of the problem:
I am using firefox version 9.0.1 there was not a selection for this in the "your internet browser type" field.

I have three accounts that use Incredimail. Each account is receiving emails in duplicate. Some will triplicate. I then allowed all the emails to download and went through each one, one at a time and deleted. Then moved to the trash folder and emptied the folder. Repeated the steps "get mail".

Every email message returned as new. With the same problem of being duplicated or in triplicate.

Cannot delete anything. It comes back each time. Even if you don't delete it and keep it; when you click "get mail" it will download and you will have four to six copies of the same message in the box.

moonstar
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Re: Mail receiving in duplicate or triplicate

Postby moonstar » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:39 am

Please try ALL the steps listed in the following post (including moving your webmail messages from the Inbox to another folder):

http://forums.incredimail.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5852

If this doesn't help, please let me know.
Best regards,

Moonstar
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

sclions17
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby sclions17 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:25 pm

Ok. I found these directions in a previous 2009 post. I did try all those steps before I posted this thread. I've tried everything short of uninstalling incredmail and re-installing it.

moonstar

Postby moonstar » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:02 pm

Have you moved all your Inbox messages (in your webmail) to another Folder, for each account?

Please also try downloading from one account at a time to see if it is a particular account causing the issue.
Best regards,

Moonstar

Image Image

sclions17
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby sclions17 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:40 pm

I completely moved all mail to the trash folder for each mail box. Then deleted those messages. Next step clicked "get mail" and every one of those messages that were deleted returned in the in box as unread. Plus they were either duplicate or triplicated.

moonstar

Postby moonstar » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:16 am

You will need to move or delete these messages from your webmail, not the IncrediMail program.

Please enter your webmail (online) and move or delete these messages for each account.

Once you have done so, try receiving in IncrediMail for each account separately and let me know what happens.
Best regards,

Moonstar

Image Image

rkswan89
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby rkswan89 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:05 am

Mine is doing the same thing, and I don't want to have to go into webmail every time I receive an email to remove it so I don't receive it several times in my Incredimail. There would be no point in using two email programs. It's never done this before. How can I get it to stop?

artlondon
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby artlondon » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:21 am

I am having the same problem. It started today with the upgrade. I do not have too many e-mails or large files. The downloads complete but the Icon stays green. It is like the new upgrade has told Incredimail to not tell the e-mail server
that it is finished downloading. I do not have the "leave e-mails on server" box checked. Again, it started with the upgrade today.

artlondon
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby artlondon » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:11 am

I tried all the fixes and nothing worked. I found Incredimail Beta 2.5 and installed it. Everything working fine now.

moonstar

Postby moonstar » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:43 pm

IncrediMail is working hard to correct this issue, and is requesting information from any user with either multiple messages, or a crash on send/receive.

Please provide us (if possible) with the IncrediMail Version (Xe or 2) and Build Number you upgraded from.
Best regards,

Moonstar

Image Image

Return to “Email Account Issues”