Can send, but not receive

Get help with Send/Receive problems, Account configuration, Ports numbers, Email Servers and more!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
Nikilet
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Can send, but not receive

Postby Nikilet » Fri May 04, 2012 6:21 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: 2.0
Your Internet Browser Type: Internet Explorer 8
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?
I am writing for a friend because I talked her into going with the paid version of Incredimail and she understands less about what goes on with computers than I do. So I am trying to help her. As far as I know, she did nothing but open the program.

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
I don't know if this is a precise quote but what she told me was "fail to get incoming service popgwtc.net."

Please provide a full description of the problem:
My friend says she can send emails through her Incredimail, but she has to go online to her ISP web mail in order to read emails because they are not coming into her Incredimail inbox. She gets a pop up that says "fail to get incoming server popgwtc.net." Her email worked fined one day at noon when she used it, but when she tried it at midnight it wasn't working and hasn't worked since.

She really likes her Incredimail, but has had an awful lot of trouble with it and I don't know whether it's her or the program. Incredimail is what I had always planned to use when I have to go to Windows 7, but I'm starting to wonder if that's wise based on the troubles she is always having.
Vista Home Premium SP2 / Windows Mail / Avast Internet Security 5 / SUPERAntiSpyware / Malwarebytes / Firefox / IE 8 / Registry Mechanic / Win Patrol

moonstar
IncrediMail Support Team Member
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Re: Can send, but not receive

Postby moonstar » Sun May 06, 2012 9:07 am

This is a common error message meaning her settings are incorrect. Please try the following:

http://forums.incredimail.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=252

If this doesn't help, let us know.

Also, as a paying member she can contact IncrediMail VIP Support directly by clicking 'Help' and then 'VIP Support'.
Best regards,

Moonstar
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

Return to “Email Account Issues”