issues syncing with hotmail?

Get help with Send/Receive problems, Account configuration, Ports numbers, Email Servers and more!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
dsaily
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

issues syncing with hotmail?

Postby dsaily » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:02 am

Your IncrediMail Version: 2.0
Your Internet Browser Type: Internet Explorer 8
Your Operation System: Windows XP

What have you done before the problem occurred?
attempting to link hotmail with incredimail

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
when attempting to use the wizard to link the hotmail account;
'problem connecting to your account, check if username or password is correct' --they are, i'm allowed to log in to my hotmail using my browser. however, "Make sure that the password that you have entered is identical to the one your email account provider has given you." --does hotmail even give you a site-pressed password? i've only ever encountered make-your-own passwords.

Please provide a full description of the problem:
After looking through the boards to resolve my problem, i encountered this post

http://forums.incredimail.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=123774

it is the same issue i'm dealing with, and i've (...multiple times) done the solution that posted in response to the OP. i'm wondering if there is another solution anyone can help me out with?

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Re: issues syncing with hotmail?

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:47 pm

Do you get the same error message as in the post?
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Customer Support

dsaily
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby dsaily » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:13 pm

some months later now i've attempted again to sync the hotmail account with incredimail, and it still tells me "'problem connecting to your account, check if username or password is correct" and won't allow me to proceed futher with it.

dsaily
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby dsaily » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:14 pm

some months later now i've attempted again to sync the hotmail account with incredimail, and it still tells me "'problem connecting to your account, check if username or password is correct" and won't allow me to proceed futher with it.

IncrediAdmin2

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:05 pm

The issue you are dealing with may be caused by incorrect account details. I would like you to reconfigure your email using the 'Email Setup Wizard':

**1.** First please refresh your IncrediMail installation by clicking on the following link - http://www.incredimail.com/English/download.aspx?product=fullsetup&version=test

**2.** Click 'Tools' and then select 'Email Accounts...'.

**3.** Chose your account, click 'Remove'. To reconfigure the account, click 'Add'.

**4.** In the Account Wizard window, choose 'Let me configure settings myself', and click 'Next'. **Please Note –** If you do not have another email client installed on your computer, you will not see the 'Let me configure…' option. Continue to Step 5.

**5.** Please choose your email service provider. If it is not listed, click 'Other'.

**6.** Follow the instructions to set up your account.

Let me know the results.

**Note:** Make sure that the password that you have entered is identical to the one your email account provider has given you.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2

dsaily
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby dsaily » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:19 pm

thanks for the reply;;

<i>Make sure that the password that you have entered is identical to the one your email account provider has given you.</i>
this is the problem i'm having still.

"Hotmail.com said: there was a problem connecting to your account. the username or password you entered are incorrect"

unless i choose the 'forgot password' option on hotmail to get a randomly generated password to log in, they do not give me a password--its user chosen.
i've tried the 'forgot password' option to get a randomly generated password from them, and have entered that into the incredimail wizard and attempted to log into it that way but it still won't work. i've even changed my password to something else thinking it might reset something, but that doesn't work either.

after closing the wizard the hotmail account is still listed in my emails, and when i click "get mail" the "-ERR authentication failed" error message comes up, and asks me to relog in with my hotmail stuff.

IncrediAdmin2

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:59 pm

Please do the following:

1. In the IncrediMail main window, click the 'Tools' menu and select 'Email Accounts...'.

2. Select your email account and click 'Properties'.

3. Select the 'Servers' tab and make sure that the 'My server requires authentication' checkbox is marked.

Please let me know if this helps.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2

Return to “Email Account Issues”