Invalid username/ password

Get help with Send/Receive problems, Account configuration, Ports numbers, Email Servers and more!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
tigresst
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Invalid username/ password

Postby tigresst » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:40 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: 2.0
Your Internet Browser Type: FireFox 3.5
Your Operation System: Windows XP

What have you done before the problem occurred?
When I booted up this morning I got this error. It was working las night when I shut down and fine for years prior to that. I have not changed anything.

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
ERR invalid username/password

Please provide a full description of the problem:
When I booted the computer this morning I get the invalid username/ password error. The same thing happens on my other computer which uses Windows 7 and IE 8. I can access webmail through Shaw using the same password and username that I have been using for years but which Incredimail is now telling me is incorrect. I haven't changed anything.

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Support Team Member
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Re: Invalid username/ password

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:14 pm

The issue you are dealing with may be caused by incorrect account details. I would like you to reconfigure your email using the 'Email Setup Wizard':

**1.** First please refresh your IncrediMail installation by clicking on the following link - http://www.incredimail.com/English/download.aspx?product=fullsetup&version=test

**2.** Click 'Tools' and then select 'Email Accounts...'.

**3.** Chose your account, click 'Remove'. To reconfigure the account, click 'Add'.

**4.** In the Account Wizard window, choose 'Let me configure settings myself', and click 'Next'. **Please Note –** If you do not have another email client installed on your computer, you will not see the 'Let me configure…' option. Continue to Step 5.

**5.** Please choose your email service provider. If it is not listed, click 'Other'.

**6.** Follow the instructions to set up your account.

Let me know the results.

**Note:** Make sure that the password that you have entered is identical to the one your email account provider has given you.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Customer Support

Return to “Email Account Issues”