gmail says my username/pw are not accepted

Get help with Send/Receive problems, Account configuration, Ports numbers, Email Servers and more!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
Janied
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

gmail says my username/pw are not accepted

Postby Janied » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:35 am

Your IncrediMail Version: 2.0
Your Internet Browser Type: FireFox 3.5
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?
removed and reinstalled account - changed password - I can sign into gmail using website and no worries. But when I try to use same email in Incredimail is sends message that says:
gmail says: username and password are not accepted. Crazy . Same thing happening on my Samsung Note 3....

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
-ERR malformed command g70mb44004074iog

When adding account: Hm..... something went wrong, GMAIL says: There was a problem connecting to your account. The username or password you used were incorrect. They are 100% correct.

Please provide a full description of the problem:
Gmail tells IM that my username and password are incorrect or not accepted yet I use the same info to log into both google and gmail successfully

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Re: gmail says my username/pw are not accepted

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:41 pm

The issue you are dealing with may be caused by incorrect account details. I would like you to reconfigure your email using the 'Email Setup Wizard':

**1.** First please refresh your IncrediMail installation by clicking on the following link - http://www.incredimail.com/English/download.aspx?product=fullsetup&version=test

**2.** Click 'Tools' and then select 'Email Accounts...'.

**3.** Chose your account, click 'Remove'. To reconfigure the account, click 'Add'.

**4.** In the Account Wizard window, choose 'Let me configure settings myself', and click 'Next'. **Please Note –** If you do not have another email client installed on your computer, you will not see the 'Let me configure…' option. Continue to Step 5.

**5.** Please choose your email service provider. If it is not listed, click 'Other'.

**6.** Follow the instructions to set up your account.

Let me know the results.

**Note:** Make sure that the password that you have entered is identical to the one your email account provider has given you.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Customer Support

Eliane
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Eliane » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:52 pm

I write you from Brazil and have exactly the same issue of Janied above and your instructions to refresh IM did not work with me.
No Gmail emails are not received neither sent in this new configuration.

FYI, I have other email from Yahoo and it works perfectly in IM, with no problem.

Please give me an urgent solution.

Eliane Ogawa

IncrediAdmin2

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:36 pm

Did your Gmail account previously work in IncrediMail?

When did this issue start occurring?

Do you get any error messages?
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Customer Support

Eliane
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Eliane » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:45 am

IncrediAdmin2 wrote:Did your Gmail account previously work in IncrediMail?

When did this issue start occurring?

Do you get any error messages?
Yes, my Gmail account was working normally before I have to change my password in Gmail and the issue starts on the day I was reconfiguring Gmail account in IM.

The error message says:
Username and password not accepted

But both ones are CORRECT!!

KVIEW
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby KVIEW » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:22 am

I am having same issue with GMail account, I have configured the GMail settings for allowing pop mail.
In Incredimail if I set the logon using secure password checkbox to unchecked I get Wrong Username Password error
If I set it to checked I get -ERR malformed command y4mb153996653qcq error.

I have set all the ports to the Google help info, allowed firewall settings, double tested username and passwords.

Have you got any ideals what to check next?

geraldenem
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby geraldenem » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:19 am

Good Day.

I am having the exact same issue as Janied, i have done exactly what the trouble shoot has told me to do, removing the account, re-adding etc however I am still not able to log into my gmail account. this is very frustrating as i am needing to login for work purposes.

I am able to login to my gmail account using the web browser with the exact same username and password so all details are correct.

Please could you assist urgently

Thank you

Eliane
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Eliane » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:17 pm

I am still waiting for a solution for my issue.
I have tried to update my IM version, but I did not get it too! the error message says: Error 4320.

Please waiting for an urgent reply, I need this emails for work purposes too.

KVIEW
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby KVIEW » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:09 am

Problem Resolved ----------

Step 1: Goto Google Website ( http://www.google.com ) Sign In to your account.
Step 2: In the Top Right Corner click on your Account Picture then Click ( Account ).
Step 3: Click on the Second Tab Labeled ( Security ).
Step 4: Inside the Password Labeled Box Look for ( 2-Step Verification Disabled Setup ), and click on Setup.
Step 5: You should now be at the ( Signing in with 2-step verification ) page, Click on ( Start Setup ).
Step 6: Now you will be ask to Set up your phone to received a verification code, after setting up phone click on ( Send code ).
Step 7: Wait for the code then enter it into the ( Enter verification code Textbox ), and click ( Verify ).
Step 8: On Verification codes on this computer page select to ( Trust this computer ) then click ( Next ).
Step 9: On Turn on 2-step verification page Click ( Confirm ).
Step 10: You will get a popup next saying ( Reconnect your apps and devices ), click ( Reconnect my apps ).
Step 11: On the App passwords page click the first Dropbox and select ( Other (Custom Name) ).
Step 12: Now Enter a name ( Incredimail ), and click ( Generate ).
Step 13: You will get a popup window ( Generated app password ), Double click inside the yellow box to select all then right click, and copy.
Step 14: Open Incredimail, Goto Tools -> Email Accounts, Select your account and click properties.
Step 15: Click the Servers Tab, then delete anything in the Incoming Mail Password Box, and right click in the box and paste.
Step 16: Make sure Logon using Secure Password Authentication is check and My Server Requires Authentication is checked.
Step 17: Click on the Advance Tab and set SMTP port to 465, Set POP3 port to 995, and make sure both SSL check boxes are checked.
Step 18: Click OK then on the Mail Accounts click Close, Now Click Get Mail to test for connection.
Step 19: Close Incredimail, then go back to the browser and click Done on the Generated app password window.

The Google Security page App passwords should now show your new app password entry for Incredimail.

I did this twice to verify it works so good luck and I hope it works for you...

Eliane
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Eliane » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:10 pm

To Kview

Thank you a lot, your solution works!!

The only problem is that my Gmail server has saved old 670 messages and IM dwl all messages again, that's all... but it does not matter, issue solved!!

By the way, if I need to change password in Gmail again, the procedure is the same?

Tks,

Return to “Email Account Issues”