gmail says my username/pw are not accepted

Get help with Send/Receive problems, Account configuration, Ports numbers, Email Servers and more!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
KVIEW
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: gmail says my username/pw are not accepted

Postby KVIEW » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:08 am

After setting up 2 step verification, all you need to do is goto your Google Account > Security Tab then in the
Password box look for ( App passwords Settings ) and click settings. This will take you to the App passwords
page were you can Revoke old password settings and create new ones. I had to create a new App Password
for my phone. The Google Account password was showing incorrect for the Android phone, just create a new
app password and enter it into the phones password box. If you access mail.google.com from your phone
you will still use the password you use for logging into google from you pc.

Eliane
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Eliane » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:14 pm

One question, I use Gmail in my laptop by IM, but still use in my Ipad and Iphone, if I generate a new app password I will have to reconfigure it in Email Account setup in IM again ?

KVIEW wrote:Problem Resolved ----------

Step 1: Goto Google Website ( http://www.google.com ) Sign In to your account.
Step 2: In the Top Right Corner click on your Account Picture then Click ( Account ).
Step 3: Click on the Second Tab Labeled ( Security ).
Step 4: Inside the Password Labeled Box Look for ( 2-Step Verification Disabled Setup ), and click on Setup.
Step 5: You should now be at the ( Signing in with 2-step verification ) page, Click on ( Start Setup ).
Step 6: Now you will be ask to Set up your phone to received a verification code, after setting up phone click on ( Send code ).
Step 7: Wait for the code then enter it into the ( Enter verification code Textbox ), and click ( Verify ).
Step 8: On Verification codes on this computer page select to ( Trust this computer ) then click ( Next ).
Step 9: On Turn on 2-step verification page Click ( Confirm ).
Step 10: You will get a popup next saying ( Reconnect your apps and devices ), click ( Reconnect my apps ).
Step 11: On the App passwords page click the first Dropbox and select ( Other (Custom Name) ).
Step 12: Now Enter a name ( Incredimail ), and click ( Generate ).
Step 13: You will get a popup window ( Generated app password ), Double click inside the yellow box to select all then right click, and copy.
Step 14: Open Incredimail, Goto Tools -> Email Accounts, Select your account and click properties.
Step 15: Click the Servers Tab, then delete anything in the Incoming Mail Password Box, and right click in the box and paste.
Step 16: Make sure Logon using Secure Password Authentication is check and My Server Requires Authentication is checked.
Step 17: Click on the Advance Tab and set SMTP port to 465, Set POP3 port to 995, and make sure both SSL check boxes are checked.
Step 18: Click OK then on the Mail Accounts click Close, Now Click Get Mail to test for connection.
Step 19: Close Incredimail, then go back to the browser and click Done on the Generated app password window.

The Google Security page App passwords should now show your new app password entry for Incredimail.

I did this twice to verify it works so good luck and I hope it works for you...

KVIEW
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby KVIEW » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:07 am

You will have to add new app passwords for each device, but your main login password will always be the same.
If you change your main account password is does not effect the app passwords, if a device or phone fails to login
do to a incorrect password then you will need to add a new App Password for the device or phone using the
Account Security Settings. Then you will use your main password to login to email and such from the device.

This is all part of Google Security Upgrade Stuff to help prevent account breaches, so basically you are
creating a device ID for each device so there security software will know its you and not a breach attempt.

guppie4421
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby guppie4421 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:07 pm

yeah this finally solved my problem

Eliane
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Eliane » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:48 pm

KVIEW wrote:You will have to add new app passwords for each device, but your main login password will always be the same.
If you change your main account password is does not effect the app passwords, if a device or phone fails to login
do to a incorrect password then you will need to add a new App Password for the device or phone using the
Account Security Settings. Then you will use your main password to login to email and such from the device.

This is all part of Google Security Upgrade Stuff to help prevent account breaches, so basically you are
creating a device ID for each device so there security software will know its you and not a breach attempt.

Kview,

Thanks a lot!
It works, little complicated but I got it.
Appreciate your help!

Have a nice week!

Shula
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Shula » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:02 pm

Thank you, KVIEW. This worked for me also, relieving more than a little frustration. I have sent this FIX too IncrediMail VIP support whom I had previously contacted four times without their effecting a resolution.

gwen9785
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby gwen9785 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:48 am

Thank you soooooooooooo much for your solution. IT WORKED! Hallelujah! I wish I had checked this site b4. I have registered, and learned my lesson <Smile>

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:05 pm

In addition, please allow less secure apps to access your Gmail account as instructed in the online article at https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255, as disabling this option is likely to prevent you from accessing the account in most standard mail clients.

After that, please click on Tools > Email Accounts, remove your existing account, and then add it once again.

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

liltiggerlvr
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby liltiggerlvr » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:54 pm

I am having an issue with live.com saying that my username and password isn't correct. I tried going to the link that was provided in this thread and it is still doing the same thing. I even went as far as changing my password and that didn't work either. Can someone please help me on this? I have went through the settings in live.com and there is nothing there that is blocking me from using this email in incredimail that I can see.

TIA

Jenn

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:47 pm

To address this issue, I would like you to reconfigure your email account using the "Email Setup Wizard":

1. In the main IncrediMail window, click on "Tools" and select "Email Accounts".

2. Choose your account, click on "Remove". To reconfigure the account, click on "Add".

3. In the Account Wizard window, choose "Let me configure settings myself", and click on "Next".

4. Please choose your email service provider. If it is not listed, click on "Other".

5. Follow the instructions to setup your account.

Note: Make sure the password you have entered is identical to the one your mail provider has given you.

If the problem continues, I would like you to create a new identity in IncrediMail and see if you still encounter the same problem.

To create a new identity, please click on Tools > Identities > New Identity.

Set up your identity and see if the problem continues to occur in the new identity.

Please note that I would like you to configure the same email address in your new identity, there is no need to create a new email address. While the identity name should be different, the email address should be exactly the same.

As everything is being done in the new identity, none of the data and settings in your original identity should be affected.

To switch back to your original identity, simply click on Tools > Switch Identity, select the appropriate identity, and click on OK.

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

Return to “Email Account Issues”