Set up message rules to delete spam emails with no To:

Get help with Send/Receive problems, Account configuration, Ports numbers, Email Servers and more!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
gojeffie
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Set up message rules to delete spam emails with no To:

Postby gojeffie » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:12 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: 2.5
Your Internet Browser Type: Internet Explorer 7
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?
I have been using block emails, or set up a message rules for either the 'to' or 'from' lines. Now with no 'to' line I can't set up a message rules.

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:

Please provide a full description of the problem:
I am suddenly receiving a lot of spam email that contains no 'To:' line. I can't set up a message rules to delete these emails because they contain no 'To:' in them and the 'From' is always different. Everyday I keep receiving more & more of them and I can't find any way to block them. Using the block emails doesn't help either because they always contain a different from line. Is there anything I can do about this?

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Re: Set up message rules to delete spam emails with no To:

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:53 pm

You can set a message rule to delete all messages from senders who are not in your Address Book, that will include the type of messages you have mentioned.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Customer Support

gojeffie
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby gojeffie » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:57 am

Everyone that I get emails from are not all in my address book (which I have never used). Is there any other way to delete these unwanted email, or a way to make sure all emails I want are added to my address book? Vicki

gojeffie
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby gojeffie » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:51 pm

Everyone that I get emails from are not all in my address book (which I have never used). Is there any other way to delete these unwanted email, or a way to make sure all emails I want are added to my address book? Vicki

IncrediAdmin2

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:25 pm

If you create a message rule deleting all messages from senders who aren't in your Address Book - all messages from senders not in your Address Book will be moved to the Deleted Items folder.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2

gojeffie
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby gojeffie » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:41 am

I don't want all senders not in my address book deleted because I get new emails from people (who of course are not in my address book) that I want to receive and add to my address book. If these emails go to the deleted folder than I must check everything in my deleted folder, weed out the emails I want and add them to my address book. That will take me more time then I now take in order to delete these spam emails from my inbox. There must be someway to delete all messages that contain nothing in the 'To' column. If the message contains no 'To' then it is ALWAYS spam email. I did partly follow what you said and I have all emails not in my address book highlighted in blue which helps me find them easier, but new emails that are not spam also come in highlighted in blue until I add them to my address book. I still am getting a lot of this spam email every day which usually seems to come in clusters or groups. Vicki

IncrediAdmin2

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:54 pm

We will consider adding this option to the Message Rules feature, however it is not currently available.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2

Return to “Email Account Issues”