unable to add link to Gmail

Get help with Send/Receive problems, Account configuration, Ports numbers, Email Servers and more!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
pppdrive
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

unable to add link to Gmail

Postby pppdrive » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:49 am

Your IncrediMail Version: 2.5
Your Internet Browser Type: FireFox 3.5
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?
Internet browser is Firefox 39.0 (not shown on dropdown list) and operating system is Windows 8.1 (not shown on dropdown list)

Have used Incredimail whilst in UK for years being linked to taltalk.net. Moved to Australia and tried to add bigpond.com instead of talktalk. After many attemtps I finally managed to get Incredimail to work for outbound messages through bigpond.com but nevber managed to receive inbound messages. Have now changed from my bigpond email account to a gmail account and am having great difficulty in getting anything to work.

When I try to add the gmail account (email address & password) and then click on next, I get "hmmm...Something went wrong." Gmail.com said; "There was a problem connecting to your account. Please make sure your email address is typed correctly." The details are correct but "try again" leads to the same error. Then whatever I click on next to get rid of the message I get a confirmation message to say the gmail account has been added. It does appear in the list OK and all the properties appear to be correct (posts etc) but I still can't send or receive messages via Incredimail. I am not savvy with this sort of thing, so any help in fixing this problem will be very much appreciated. Paul

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:

Please provide a full description of the problem:

Return to “Email Account Issues”