Version 2.5 Major Problems!

Get help with Send/Receive problems, Account configuration, Ports numbers, Email Servers and more!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
JoanneM
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Version 2.5 Major Problems!

Postby JoanneM » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:27 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: 2.5
Your Internet Browser Type: FireFox 3.5
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?
I installed the new version 2.5 yesterday, and since then I'm about ready to pull my hair out!

First of all, it found none of my folders or previous messages on startup. I then clicked on the import messages tab and it imported them alright, however, my gmail account info wasn't working, so I went to my gmail account and changed my password, I can receive my mail without problems if I enable IMAP, but if I don't enable IMAP, it won't recognize my gmail login information. I've always used pop for my email, why doesn't it work anymore??

I even uninstalled the new version and reinstalled version 2.0 and it still won't work :( I'm so p*ssed off right now, I could scream!

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
There isn't any error number - it just says that it can't send the email - what the heck!??

Please provide a full description of the problem:
I installed the new version 2.5 yesterday, and since then I'm about ready to pull my hair out!

First of all, it found none of my folders or previous messages on startup. I then clicked on the import messages tab and it imported them alright, however, my gmail account info wasn't working, so I went to my gmail account and changed my password, I can receive my mail without problems if I enable IMAP, but if I don't enable IMAP, it won't recognize my gmail login information. I've always used pop for my email, why doesn't it work anymore??

I even uninstalled the new version and reinstalled version 2.0 and it still won't work :( I'm so p*ssed off right now, I could scream!

JoanneM
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Version 2.5 Major Problems!

Postby JoanneM » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:52 pm

ok, I went back to the gmail site and it gave me an alternate number for the smtp server so, I hope this will work now.

Why are all my sent folders and deleted items folders at the top of my page now?? Is there any way to move them back to the bottom of the listing?

JoanneM
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby JoanneM » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:34 pm

Another thing that's bugging me!

What is this new web browser feature - when I click on a link it opens up in that instead of Firefox, and I don't see anywhere to disable that! Firefox has all my login information for different sites, and I want my links to open there - there should be a choice as to whether you want to use yours or someone elses.

DreinFLorence
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby DreinFLorence » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:03 am

I upgraded to 2.5 and have the same problem, I lost all my content, inbox, personal folders etc. What I have is the current version, BUT the emails are all from the IM account I was using in 2009 The email program reverted!!! Nothing current! I cannot find any technical support email address, phone number ---nothing. I've emailed them thru Facebook but I have heard nothing at all from them. I have posted on their Facebook page and my posts have been deleted. I've left 3 and no more., There is so much data on my old incredimail that I was using at 10AM this morning! I tried to uninstall the new version and tried to reinstall 2.0 but no luck.
I am so ticked off so I know what you are going through, Where the heck is their technical support? And if it exists, HOW do you contact them?????

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:54 am

Do you see your personal folders under the 'On My Computer' folder located on the bottom part of the folder pane?

Looking forward to your reply.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Customer Support

JoanneM
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby JoanneM » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:30 am

I was finally able to get my old folders back, along with messages, but only up until April of 2013 :( I have no clue where the others went - I looked in the file folder on my hard drive, but that doesn't tell me anything. And now every time I try to reply to an email I received, it asks me to set up my signature - mind you the signature is there in the folder where I save my data, but for some reason it's not seeing it - I'm about to lose my mind of this!

I keep thinking why on EARTH did I do the upgrade, everything was fine before this, and now I'm missing important email messages and fear I have no way of getting them back, and my signature was fine before too! I just feel like crying :(

DreinFLorence
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby DreinFLorence » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:05 am

I have not been able to recover anything. I heard from IT support. I tried the following, but it doesn't IMPORT Contacts as the popup dialogue box has no information to click on. Its empty. All I could do was cancel. I'm so ticked off at all this. I'm with Joanne M. why on earth did I do the frigging upgrade. Its obviously has numerous issues. Maybe the following advice that was emailed to me will help someone. It did not work for me.

All your personal IncrediMail data - email, contacts and content - is stored in your Windows Profile folder.

To retrieve your IncrediMail Address Book (Contacts), Messages and Folders, first copy your personal IncrediMail folder to the Desktop:

Right-click the IncrediMail Tray Icon and select 'Exit'.

Browse to the following location:

Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings*Your Profile Name (Logon Name)*\Local Settings\Application Data\IM\

Windows Vista / 7 - C:\Users*Profile User*\AppData\Local Settings\IM

Copy the 'Identities' folder to your Desktop.
Now you can Import your Address Book:

Open IncrediMail, click the 'File' menu, scroll to 'Import and Export' and select 'Import Contacts...'.

In the 'Import Contacts' dialog, select 'IncrediMail Address Book' and click 'Next'.

Click 'Select Folder' and browse to the 'Identities' folder located on your Desktop to import your old contacts.

To import your Messages and Folders:

Open IncrediMail, click the 'File' menu, scroll to 'Import and Export' and select 'Import Messages...'.

In the 'Import Messages' dialog, select 'IncrediMail' and click 'Next'.

Click 'Select Folder' and browse to the 'Identities' folder located on your Desktop to finish the Import.

DreinFLorence
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby DreinFLorence » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:07 am

And the only way I got a quick response from IT support was though Incredimail's Facebook page if that helps anyone pulling out their hair and swearing at their PC. Good luck.

DreinFLorence
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby DreinFLorence » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:09 am

Oh yes, there are no folders that were current under the On My Computer either. Everything is gone. If I dont' get these retrieved, Incredimail will be history on my pc as well.

IncrediAdmin2

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:48 pm

Please search your computer for .imm files, are there any files with the names of missing folders? Where are they located?
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Customer Support

Return to “Email Account Issues”