IMAP and IM 2.5

Get help with Send/Receive problems, Account configuration, Ports numbers, Email Servers and more!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
Songbird50
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

IMAP and IM 2.5

Postby Songbird50 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:56 am

I have been an IM user for many years....if I could go back to version 2 I would be so happy.I have read the forums and find many people are very unhappy with the new 2.5 ver because of the Syncing issues that also includes myself, you say nothing has changed that it's always been that way only we never saw it until now ....WHY....
I went in and tried resetting my servers and ports and discovered that my email is setup as pop and imap why is that...my incoming server is imap and my outgoing is smtp this is what has changed for all IM users using 2.5 unless they chose to use Imap format and my mail is so messed up I can't tell you how mad I am at IM for changing whatever you changed to bring the use of Imap come into play.

Very UnHappy

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: IMAP and IM 2.5

Postby IncrediModerator » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:27 pm

In this case, you can try uninstalling IncrediMail 2.5 and then reinstalling IncrediMail 2.0.

However, please be aware that any email messages you sent/received after installing IncrediMail 2.5 will be unreadable, as IncrediMail 2.0 uses an older file format and will not be able to recognize them.

To uninstall IncrediMail 2.5, please go to Start > Settings > System > Apps and features, select "IncrediMail 2.5" and click on "Uninstall".

After the uninstall completes, please run the following executable to install the latest build of IncrediMail 2.0:
http://www.incredimail.com/english/down ... =fullsetup

After that, please click on Tools > Email Accounts, remove all existing accounts, and then add it/them once again.

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

Return to “Email Account Issues”