Problem sending email

Get help with Send/Receive problems, Account configuration, Ports numbers, Email Servers and more!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
xamyr
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Problem sending email

Postby xamyr » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:19 pm

Good morning. First of all sorry for my bad english but it isnt my first language and i will try to explain better than i can.
Incredimail alwayd worked fine for me but recently my ISP changed settings for outgoing mail: now it requires identification ans so i changed properties of my account in that way but now i cant send mail: every time i get the error :

504 unsupported AUTH security mechanism

i tried both with "using a secure password" checked and unchecked and the result its the same.
Using the same configuration Windows mail in Win vista works perfectly. Does this all mean i have to abandon incredimail?
I hope someone can help me.

thank you and have a nice day.

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Problem sending email

Postby IncrediModerator » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:24 pm

Did you try to check the option for 'My server requires authentication' ?

To do so, follow these steps:

In the IncrediMail main window, click the 'Tools' menu and select 'Accounts...'. Select your email account and click 'Properties'. Select the 'Servers' tab and make sure that the 'My server requires authentication' checkbox is marked.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

xamyr
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby xamyr » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:33 pm

thank you for the very fast answer.
I explained bad my settings: yes i have checked that option. And i have tried to mark or unmark the option "use secure pass"

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:22 pm

I suggest you to contact your email account provider and ask them for the correct email account settings, ask them for these details:

* POP3 and SMTP mail server addresses.
* Port numbers for the POP3 and SMTP mail servers.
* Do you need to authenticate when sending mail?
* Do you need to use SSL?

Verify with them that the username and password that you are using are correct. In the IncrediMail main window, click the 'Tools' menu, select 'Accounts', select your email account and click 'Properties'.

Check that the details you have in IncrediMail are correct.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

xamyr
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby xamyr » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:54 pm

thank you very much.
i will do like you suggest.

X.

chancykj
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby chancykj » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:53 pm

I am having sending problems also but when I try to send It just shows operation incomplete and then the e/mail sits in the out box. If I go to the out box and highlight it and hit the send receive button incredimail looks for incoming and brings them in and just ignores the mail sitting in the outbox.

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:05 am

chancykj wrote:I am having sending problems also but when I try to send It just shows operation incomplete and then the e/mail sits in the out box. If I go to the out box and highlight it and hit the send receive button incredimail looks for incoming and brings them in and just ignores the mail sitting in the outbox.

Did you read other topics in this forum ? I suggest to do so, as there are many steps you can take such as remove the account and then re-configure it again, disable your firewall program, delete all emails from 'Outbox' folder, configure your account in Outlook Express/Windows Mail.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

Return to “Email Account Issues”