SYNCING back & forth

Get help with Send/Receive problems, Account configuration, Ports numbers, Email Servers and more!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
nanax6
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

SYNCING back & forth

Postby nanax6 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:17 pm

I've used IM for years and never had this problem, but I had installed a new hard drive and then had to reinstall IM. Ever since, it has been syncing back and forth between my email provider and IM. It is actually deleting on my computer, what I delete in the email provider's website. Then, if I delete or move something from the INBOX to a different folder, it then deletes the emails I either deleted or moved in IM on the other server. It goes both ways. I've lost a lot of important emails in both servers before I realized what was happening.

I did create a support ticket with IM, several times. They have not fixed the problem. They actually created more problems for me. Their answer, after all the new problems: create a new identity. Well, I did, but it's happening their too. The things they tell me to look for and either click or unclick aren't even available to me anymore since I downloaded the new IM. I was using 2.5 before, but it's different now.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you!

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: SYNCING back & forth

Postby IncrediModerator » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:23 pm

As IncrediMail 2.5 uses the IMAP protocol, the email accounts will be "synced" with the mail server, and thus the messages you see in IncrediMail will be the same as those on the mail server.

Therefore, if you delete a message in IncrediMail, it will also be deleted on the mail server, and vice versa.

In addition, the top set of folders contains those messages which have been sent/received in IncrediMail, while the middle set of folders contains the messages as they are actually stored on the mail server.

Lastly, all of your local folders (i.e those unique to IncrediMail) will be placed under "On my computer" at the bottom of the left panel.

To hide any duplicate folders, simply click on Tools > Options > Emails, and unselect the option "Show all email folders (including duplicates)". Click on OK.

I hope this clarifies the matter.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

Por2gal
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Por2gal » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:53 am

I have recently installed 2.5 and find the accounts misleading.. as pictured
Image [url][url=https://flic.kr/p/ZUjoRy]Image[/url]=https://flic.kr/p/ZUjoRy]incredimail 2.5 email acc[/url] by por2galz
now Im seeing DOUBLE!
how can i delete duplicated email accounts. I would prefer just to see the bottom section.
however I would prefer to rename my own email boxes so I can apply rules to individual folders.
I find email accounts highlighted in both the bottom and the top.
this is frustrating to say the least, to have to click in so many places just to read the same email
Last edited by Por2gal on Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:11 pm

To hide any duplicate folders, simply click on Tools > Options > Emails, and unselect the option "Show all email folders (including duplicates)".

The Inboxes are hard coded and cannot be removed.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

Por2gal
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Por2gal » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:26 pm

emoticon-0124-worried There is no 'check' mark in the box that states 'show all email folders (including duplicates) however I still see double boxes <Sad Smile> emoticon-0138-thinking emoticon-0121-angry
Also with regards to synching! each of the same email account [both top and bottom] i click on, states "its now synching". whereas I only need to synch ONCE!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/deebree/37631799544/in/dateposted-public/
Last edited by Por2gal on Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:03 am

In this case, please note that only the Inboxes will be hidden in the bottom set of the folders.

All of the other folders on the mail server will be displayed, as they are not duplicates of the top folders.

In IncrediMail 2.5, the folders are constantly being synced as that is a feature of the IMAP connection.

I hope this clarifies the matter.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

Por2gal
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Por2gal » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:55 am

thank you for that,
I have in fact gone back to "Incredimail v2" due to the inability to control my inbox reference guide to my computer instead of synching with what i have saved in the cloud. my other issue with v2.5 is that I could not find the 'data setting=export setting' .
https://www.flickr.com/photos/deebree/37631798604/in/dateposted-public/

these images show my problem, hence the reason i have gone back to 'v2'

thanx

Return to “Email Account Issues”