Emails stuck in outbox

Get help with Send/Receive problems, Account configuration, Ports numbers, Email Servers and more!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
rosetta
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Emails stuck in outbox

Postby rosetta » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:29 pm

Intermittently I have the same issue over and over; my emails will not send. I receive an error box which says, "One or more messages could not be sent. These messages are still in your Outbox, please correct them and then try again." -- There are no details.
Usually I move the message to my Drafts folder, open it and change which Comcast email address I'm sending it from, and then sometimes it will work - sometimes not. The settings for all of my Comcast email addresses are identical, so email settings are not the issue.
I have contacted Support about this but cannot login to the Support Center so after 5 days they close the complaint.
When I try to login it will not accept my password so I click to have it email me instructions to change my password, only to receive a message telling me I'm not allowed to change my password!
Hoping I can get some help here instead.

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Emails stuck in outbox

Postby IncrediModerator » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:06 pm

To address this issue, I would like you to reconfigure your email account using the "Email Setup Wizard":

1. In the main IncrediMail window, click on "Tools" and select "Email Accounts".

2. Choose your account, click on "Remove". To reconfigure the account, click on "Add".

3. In the Account Wizard window, choose "Let me configure settings myself", and click on "Next".

4. Please choose your email service provider. If it is not listed, click on "Other".

5. Follow the instructions to setup your account.

Note: Make sure the password you have entered is identical to the one your mail provider has given you.

If the problem continues, I would like you to create a new identity in IncrediMail and see if you still encounter the same problem.

To create a new identity, please click on Tools > Identities > New Identity.

Set up your identity and see if the problem continues to occur in the new identity.

Please note that I would like you to configure the same email address in your new identity, there is no need to create a new email address. While the identity name should be different, the email address should be exactly the same.

As everything is being done in the new identity, none of the data and settings in your original identity should be affected.

To switch back to your original identity, simply click on Tools > Switch Identity, select the appropriate identity, and click on OK.

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

rosetta
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby rosetta » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:07 pm

I followed your instructions to remove my email address and add it back in with a different name. Lost a ton of emails that were in my inbox and it still didn't fix the problem.
As I said, I have 4 comcast.net email addresses in Incredimail and they are all configured exactly the same. Sometimes I can switch the sender to a different email than my default and it will send instantly. So settings are not the issue.
When none of the emails is able to send - like know - if I leave my emails in the outbox for a few days they will eventually work again. But sooner or later this issue comes back.

rosetta
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby rosetta » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:12 pm

I created a new Identity and forwarded the welcome email from Incredimail. It sent just fine.
However, I need Incredimail to work from my original identity, where all my accounts and emails are!
Is there a way to move all my accounts, folders, emails, contacts, etc. from old identity to the new one?

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:55 pm

In this case, to import the existing messages and contacts into the new identity, please do the following:

1. Exit the IncrediMail application by right-clicking on the icon in your Windows taskbar and selecting "Exit".

2. In File Explorer, browse to the following path:
C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Local\IM

Note: YOURUSER refers to your actual Windows user.

As the "AppData" folder may sometimes be hidden, for instructions on how to show hidden files and folders in Windows, please refer to the online article at:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... dden-files

3. Copy the "Identities" folder to your Desktop.

4. Open IncrediMail, click on File > Import and Export > Import Messages.

5. In the pop-up window, select "IncrediMail" and click on Next.

6. Click "Select Folder" and browse to the "Identities" folder located on your Desktop. Click on Next.

7. Select the option "All Folders". Click on Next.

8. When complete, click on Finish.

9. In the main IncrediMail window, click on File > Import and Export > Import Contacts.

10. In the pop-up window, select "IncrediMail Address Book" and click on Next.

11. Click "Select Folder" and browse to the "Identities" folder located on your Desktop. Click on Next.

12. When complete, click on Finish.

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

rosetta
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby rosetta » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:47 pm

I went back to the original identity and a bunch of my emails were just gone, so there is no importing them to new identity.
After years of using Incredimail I've finally given up and downloaded Thunderbird. Now my email works properly, including sending and scrolling.
I will keep Incredimail so I can go back to review old emails, but I won't be using it for anything more than that until you put out an update to fix all the issues.

Return to “Email Account Issues”