MyStart hi-jacks my homepage  [solved]

Share/Bookmark
Get help with Send/Receive problems, Account configuration, Ports numbers, Email Servers and more!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

MyStart hi-jacks my homepage

Postby LordMorden » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:23 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: Incredimail 2.0
Your Internet Browser Type: FireFox 3.5
Your Operation System: Windows XP

What have you done before the problem occurred?
Nothing

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
You probably don't think it's an error.

Please provide a full description of the problem:
I have been a premium user of Incredimail for years. I have to say I really don't like Incredimail 2.0 which I was forced to download because of a system rebuild. I do not find it very user friendly and the skins quite frankly suck if you are not a 12 yr old girl. I feel even more iffy about it now that you have started to hi-jack my homepage. Whenever I open Firefox I find my homepage is MyStart. I change it back to the homepage I want and the next time I open Incredimail it tells me a Third Party! has changed the default on my homepage from MyStart, am I happy with this, I say "yes". Next time I open Firefox, lo and behold, MyStart again! And on and on, this merry round.....

If there is no way of stopping this imposition I am getting rid of Incredimail. I do not want my screen populated by unicorns and smiley dolphins and I do not want to use MyStart as my homepage. Tasteful skins I can wait for, if I must. MyStart has got to go though!
LordMorden
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: MyStart hi-jacks my homepage

Postby macgyverjason » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:37 am

This link may help : viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2473
macgyverjason
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby cdenice » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:07 am

Hi,

You can save yourself a lot of trouble if when you refresh, update, or install Incredimail you do a custom install. That way you can uncheck the option that sets mystart as your homepage.
HELP !!!
cdenice
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: MyStart hi-jacks my homepage  [solved]

Postby moonstar » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:53 am

The link macgyverjason sent should help you change back your default page.

Also, as cdenice suggested, MyStart is a part of the installation that can easily be changed by choosing 'Custom Installation' and making sure both boxes are not checked.
Best regards,

Moonstar
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
moonstar
IncrediMail Support Team Member
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Postby LordMorden » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:38 pm

Thank you for your sound advice people! I got a bit tied in a knot with the URL business, but re-installing seems to have done the trick. Would have checked out that custom install but software was downloaded by the guy who rebuilt my system. You just can't get good help these days!
LordMorden
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Return to Email Account Issues