will not accept email accout

Get help with Send/Receive problems, Account configuration, Ports numbers, Email Servers and more!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
RedMustang
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

will not accept email accout

Postby RedMustang » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:28 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: 2.0
Your Internet Browser Type: FireFox 3.5
Your Operation System: Windows XP

What have you done before the problem occurred?
I've double and triple check my sign-in name and password, Exited and restarted the program .I attempted to add the account at least 10 times.

Note: I am using FierFox 3.6.13

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
-ERR [AUTH] Error logging in
Also implies that the screen name or password is not valid. It is valid.

Please provide a full description of the problem:
I have been trying to enter 3 email accounts to Incredimail one from Gmail and two from Verizon. . The Gmail and one of the Verizon accounts were added without any problems. The 2nd Verizon account will not work. The only difference between these accounts is that the 2nd Verizon account contains an underscore in the name. the add account tool adds a space when I enter the underscore. If that is the problem is there away around it?

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: will not accept email accout

Postby IncrediModerator » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:36 am

To check this issue further, I would like you to perform a few simple steps:

Disable any firewalls that you may have installed on your computer.

Open IncrediMail and click 'Write'.

Enter your own email address in the 'To:' field. Enter a short text message in the message body and click 'Send'.

In the IncrediMail main window, click 'Write'.

Do you receive the email message correctly? If you receive any error message, please quote it in full.

Do you encounter any problem receiving messages in other email clients, such as Outlook Express ?
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

kayaustin
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby kayaustin » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:18 pm

I have tried many many times with verizon.net info and keep getting message not auth and refuses my verizon emai address and password but I have checked with verizon and have the paper to prove the authorization of my account

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:13 pm

kayaustin wrote:I have tried many many times with verizon.net info and keep getting message not auth and refuses my verizon emai address and password but I have checked with verizon and have the paper to prove the authorization of my account

I don't seem to understand how is it related to the upper post.

I apologize, however I did not fully understand what problem you encountered. Please clarify exactly what you meant in your query, so that I can assist you in the best possible way.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

cdenice
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby cdenice » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:25 pm

Hi,

Don't use the underscore. When you name your email accounts their names need to be unique. It doesn’t really matter what name you give to the accounts, as long as it makes sense to you. Try naming the two Verizon accounts Verizon1 and Verizon2 . That should work.
HELP !!!

Dbrdmkr
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Dbrdmkr » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:30 am

I have had the same issue as the post before, unable to add an account from centurylink.net. The account was working. I had to update the password on the centurylink account. Now an add does not work, I get ERR-Auth-status: invalid login or password. This is incorrect the login and pass word work at the centurylink site where the account is. I tried the suggested - write- my email- send. worked without a hitch. I tried removing and re- adding- no good. I tried turning off the fire wall, and re adding, no good.
There already is one account on incredimail that is a centurylink account.
Help please

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:33 am

To further address this issue, I would like you to test your email account settings in Mozilla Thunderbird as instructed at http://support.incredimail.com/entries/ ... ail-client, and see if you are indeed able to send/receive messages from that email account.

Note: By accessing your mailbox via webmail, you are bypassing all security restrictions on your account, and thus does not help us in troubleshooting the problem.

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:33 am

To download Mozilla Thunderbird, please go to:
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

Anou
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Anou » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:20 am

RedMustang wrote:Your IncrediMail Version: 2.0
Your Internet Browser Type: FireFox 3.5
Your Operation System: Windows XP

What have you done before the problem occurred?
I've double and triple check my sign-in name and password, Exited and restarted the program .I attempted to add the account at least 10 times.

Note: I am using FierFox 3.6.13

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
-ERR [AUTH] Error logging in
Also implies that the screen name or password is not valid. It is valid.

Please provide a full description of the problem:
I have been trying to enter 3 email accounts to Incredimail one from Gmail and two from Verizon. . The Gmail and one of the Verizon accounts were added without any problems. The 2nd Verizon account will not work. The only difference between these accounts is that the 2nd Verizon account contains an underscore in the name. the add account tool adds a space when I enter the underscore. If that is the problem is there away around it?

i'm actually in the same situation , i really don't know what to do .

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:29 pm

In this case, are you able to send/receive messages from that email account in Mozilla Thunderbird ?

If not, please contact your mail provider regarding the matter. Once you are able to send/receive the messages in Thunderbird, you should also be able to do so in IncrediMail.

If so, to further address this issue, please click on Tools > Email Accounts, select the appropriate account, click on "Properties", and post a screenshot of the General, Servers, and Advanced tabs.

In addition, please post a screenshot of the "Server Settings" and "Outgoing Server (SMTP)" tabs in Mozilla Thunderbird for comparison.

Note: To display the top menu in Thunderbird, simply press the <Alt> key on your keyboard. After that, please click on Tools > Account Settings and send us a screenshot of the above tabs.

To create the screenshots, please run the following executable:
http://www2.incredimail.com/contents/se ... enshot.exe

When you arrive at each of the above tabs, click on "Make Screenshot" in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.

When done, close the IncrediMail Screenshot Creator and attach the "IncrediMail__000X.JPG" files created on your Desktop to your next post.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

Return to “Email Account Issues”