Use this forum to ask general setup and usage questions
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
jds93
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

How do I enable TLS?

Postby jds93 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:36 pm

My email provider requires TLS as security type in order to access its SMPT server.
I saw the only possibility in Incredimail is SSL. I've tried with SSL but the connection doesn't work.
Is there a way to have TLS or another way to resolve this issue?

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: How do I enable TLS?

Postby IncrediModerator » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:07 pm

To address this issue, I would like you to test your email account settings in Mozilla Thunderbird as instructed at http://support.incredimail.com/entries/ ... ail-client, and see if you are indeed able to send/receive messages from that email account.

Note: By accessing your mailbox via webmail, you are bypassing all security restrictions on your account, and thus does not help us in troubleshooting the problem.

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:07 pm

To download Mozilla Thunderbird, please go to:
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

jds93
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby jds93 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:53 pm

Sending and receiving emails in Thunderbird works.

dixita
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby dixita » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:38 am

Hey i have same problem. i cant go further when i enabling TLS. can anyone help?

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:43 am

In this case, are you able to send/receive messages from that email account in Mozilla Thunderbird ?

If not, please contact your mail provider regarding the matter. Once you are able to send/receive the messages in Thunderbird, you should also be able to do so in IncrediMail.

If so, to further address this issue, please click on Tools > Email Accounts, select the appropriate account, click on "Properties", and send me a screenshot of the General, Servers, and Advanced tabs.

In addition, please send me a screenshot of the "Server Settings" and "Outgoing Server (SMTP)" tabs in Mozilla Thunderbird for comparison.

Note: To display the top menu in Thunderbird, simply press the <Alt> key on your keyboard. After that, please click on Tools > Account Settings and send us a screenshot of the above tabs.

To create the screenshots, please run the following executable:
http://www2.incredimail.com/contents/se ... enshot.exe

When you arrive at each of the above tabs, click on "Make Screenshot" in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.

When done, close the IncrediMail Screenshot Creator and attach the "IncrediMail__000X.JPG" files created on your Desktop to your next post.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

jds93
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby jds93 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:44 pm

You can find all the requested screenshots here: http://puu.sh/uYWH3/d9c0ddb5b9.zip

On the picture of the advanced tab of my properties you will see both the SSL checkboxes are selected.
Note that I've tried all possible combinations of checking and unchecking those boxes.

The settings page of my email provider: www2.telenet.be/nl/klantenservice/e-mails-versturen/

It's written in Dutch but I guess you'll understand the tables.

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:18 pm

To address this issue, I would like you to upgrade to IncrediMail 2.5 which supports the IMAP protocol, and then reconfigure your email account in IncrediMail.

Therefore, please run the following executable to upgrade to the latest build of IncrediMail 2.5 (Dutch edition):
http://www5l.incredimail.com/im/imsetup ... tup_nl.exe

After that, please click on Tools > Email Accounts, remove your existing account, and then add it once again.

If the problem continues, I would like you to open a new identity in IncrediMail and see if you still encounter the same problem.

To create a new identity, please click on Tools > Identities > New Identity.

Set up your identity, and check to see if problem continues to occur in the new identity.

Please note that I would like you to configure the same email address in your new identity, there is no need to create a new email address. While the identity name should be different, the email address should be exactly the same.

As everything is being done in the new identity, none of the data and settings in your original identity should be affected.

To switch back to your original identity, simply click on Tools > Switch Identity, select the appropriate identity, and click on OK.

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

Return to “How do I...? Setup, General UI, Getting Started”