Use this forum to ask general setup and usage questions
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
puddytat2tn
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Old Folders Imported

Postby puddytat2tn » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:57 pm

I did a data export/transfer to a USB of all of my information like I have done many times in the past when I went to a new computer. The USB showed that everything transferred. I went to my new computer which now has IE 11 and Windows 10 and used the USB to import/transfer like, again, I have done many times before. This time, instead of bringing all of my CURRENT folders, emails, etc. it brings in email from 2003! It shows tons and tons of folders (empty) that date back to 2003 which I first installed Incredimail. NONE of my current folders are even listed. I have paid for a program I now cannot use and am not happy. This has been going on for over two months now.

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Old Folders Imported

Postby IncrediModerator » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:17 pm

In this case, to manually import the previous messages and folders, please do the following:

First, please download WinRAR at:
http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-64-bit/ ... 65579.html

Then...

1. In Windows Explorer, copy the "IncrediMail Transferred Data" folder to your Windows Desktop.

2. Open the "IncrediMail Transferred Data" folder now contained on your Desktop, right-click on the "IncrediMail Data.cab" file, and select the option "Extract Here". Depending on the size of your files, the extraction may take a few moments.

3. Open IncrediMail, click on File > Import and Export > Import Messages.

4. In the pop-up window, select "IncrediMail" and click Next.

5. Click "Select Folder" and browse to the "Identities" folder contained in the "IncrediMail Transferred Data" folder on your Desktop. Click on Next.

6. Select the option "Select Folders" and select the particular folders in the list. Click on Next.

7. When complete, click on Finish.

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

Return to “How do I...? Setup, General UI, Getting Started”