Gulgul
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Unable to setup pop3 Gmail account

Postby Gulgul » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:30 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: 2.5
Your Internet Browser Type: Google Chrome
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?
Upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7 (fresh installation) and re-installed Incredimail.

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:

Please provide a full description of the problem:
After upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7 (fresh installation), I re-installed Incredimail. I tried to configure a pop3 email account for my Gmail accounts, but Incredimail would net let me choose whether in configure pop3 or IMAP. It chose IMAP for me, although I chose the option Let me configure settings myself. When configuring the account I tried both option: choose Gmail on the first screen and choose Other. But the results were the same. I also tried inserting the server details manually, but then I could not receive or send emails. Incredimail simply would not let me insert the details for a pop3 account with Gmail.
I did manage thought to set up pop3 account for another provider, which is not on the list of the Email providers that Incredimail lists.

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Support Team Member
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Re: Unable to setup pop3 Gmail account

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:55 pm

To set your account as a POP3 account, you can select the Other option when configuring your email account in IncrediMail, instead of @gmail.com enter a different address (for example @test.com) and then configure your server names manually, after doing that you can click the Tools menu, select Email Accounts and click Properties to enter your correct email address.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Customer Support

Gulgul
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Unable to setup pop3 Gmail account

Postby Gulgul » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:11 pm

IncrediAdmin2 wrote:To set your account as a POP3 account, you can select the Other option when configuring your email account in IncrediMail, instead of @gmail.com enter a different address (for example @test.com) and then configure your server names manually, after doing that you can click the Tools menu, select Email Accounts and click Properties to enter your correct email address.

This is a strange workaround, but it worked. Thanks <Yes>

Return to “How do I...? Setup, General UI, Getting Started”