Use this forum to ask general setup and usage questions
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
BBSpinoni
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

New PC with Windows 10 - need IM install help

Postby BBSpinoni » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:56 am

My old Windows 7 PC/hard drive were dying so I had to get a new PC, which came with Windows 10. It also has 2 hard drives, one for the system and one for programs and data. My PC guy was able to pull programs/data off the old drive to the new pc. I accessed my old download folder and found IM 2.0 and ran the install. Once the install was complete, it was IM 2.5. I do not want 2.5, unless someone can tell me how I can access my old emails. I have had IM for 15 to 20 yrs, lifetime licenses, etc. How do I get IM 2.0 and how do I access my old IM folder so I have access to my years of emails and IM content?

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: New PC with Windows 10 - need IM install help

Postby IncrediModerator » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:44 pm

In this case, you can try uninstalling IncrediMail 2.5 and then reinstalling IncrediMail 2.0.

However, please be aware that any email messages you sent/received after installing IncrediMail 2.5 will be unreadable, as IncrediMail 2.0 uses an older file format and will not be able to recognize them.

To uninstall IncrediMail 2.5, please go to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features, right-click on "IncrediMail 2.5" and select "Uninstall".

After the uninstall completes, please run the following executable to install the latest build of IncrediMail 2.0:
http://www.incredimail.com/english/down ... =fullsetup

After that, please click on Tools > Email Accounts, remove all existing accounts, and then add it/them once again.

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

Return to “How do I...? Setup, General UI, Getting Started”