Use this forum to ask general setup and usage questions
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
Servicepub
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Upgrading PC - transfer files

Postby Servicepub » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:58 pm

I am trying to transfer my files but I do NOT have the 'export data and settings' option?
I have a new PC and I have downloaded IM and provided my Premium license number. What do I need to do to get this option?

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Upgrading PC - transfer files

Postby IncrediModerator » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:07 pm

As the export function has been removed in the latest build of IncrediMail 2.5 due to various problems with the transfer wizard, to manually transfer the previous messages and contacts, please do the following:

On the old computer...

1. Exit the IncrediMail application by right-clicking on the icon in your Windows taskbar and selecting "Exit".

2. In File/Windows Explorer, browse to the following path:
C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Local\IM

Note: YOURUSER refers to your actual Windows user. As the "AppData" folder may sometimes be hidden, for instructions on how to show hidden files and folders in Windows, please refer to the Microsoft article at:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... dden-files

3. Copy the "Identities" folders to the Desktop on your new computer.

On the new computer...

4. Open IncrediMail, click on File > Import and Export > Import Messages.

5. In the pop-up window, select "IncrediMail" and click on Next.

6. Click "Select Folder" and browse to the "Identities" folder located on your Desktop. Click on Next.

7. Select the option "All Folders". Click on Next.

8. When complete, click on Finish.

9. In the main IncrediMail window, click on File > Import and Export > Import Contacts.

10. In the pop-up window, select "IncrediMail Address Book" and click on Next.

11. Click "Select Folder" and browse to the "Identities" folder located on your Desktop. Click on Next.

12. When complete, click on Finish.

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

Servicepub
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Servicepub » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:33 am

This doesn't work. I get to step 5 of the import and the pop-up shows no folders and the "Next" key is greyed-out. What next?

Servicepub
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Servicepub » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:47 am

It is possible that I copied the 'Identities' from the wrong location but I cannot find the location as identified in the process. I am running XP. What is the proper path to find the "Identities"?

Saatdhaan
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Saatdhaan » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:46 am

This doesn't work which is why I have never used Incredimail 2.5, it's a total downgrade from 2.0. Firstly all the additional automatic folders are just simply annoying (not an improvement). The stop button is a failure. But most important of all there is NO data transfer wizard. The method suggested on your site and here simply doesn't work. Why? Because the a data transfer (export) function is intended to move the programme from one PC to another. Here's where your suggestion fails: 1. It fails to transfer the programme settings. 2. It fails to transfer addons. 3. It fails to transfer your accounts. So the on site help and this help, totally fails to advise how to transfer your Data Settings it only offers information on transferring contacts and messages leaving everything that takes time to do out. An we both know the accounts information, the most time consuming to install, isn't included in the IM or IM identities folder. So I am back to the vastly superior version 2.

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:36 pm

In this case, if you are subscribed to IncrediMail Plus, simply use the IncrediBackup utility to transfer the IncrediMail data.

For detailed instructions on how to backup and restore the data using IncrediBackup, please refer to our online article at:
http://support.incredimail.com/entries/ ... p-overview

Please let me know if you encounter any difficulties.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:36 pm

If you are not subscribed to IncrediMail Plus, you can order IncrediBackup separately on our website at:
https://estore.perion.com/BillingPages/ ... 8769739478
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

Return to “How do I...? Setup, General UI, Getting Started”