Use this forum to ask general setup and usage questions
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
CillyJane
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

General running problems

Postby CillyJane » Sun May 07, 2017 4:55 am

For quite awhile now I find my incredimail has several issues which I am not sure how to fix.
1. It sometimes shows the building circle (windows 7 rotating circle), the whole page jumps for a few seconds, then when it finishes building returns to correct position and opens the email. So it doesn't open something (email or attachment) instantly, builds/jumps first then settles and opens.

2. Sometimes when I am working on another program then return to incredimail each section or viewing pane starts black and finally comes into correct view, so again it doesn't open instantly, but takes several seconds to go through each part starting black and finally showing the whole page with emails.

3. Just recently when starting up computer, incredimail has not started up, so when we click on the icon nothing happens, so have had to re-start computer once or twice for it to finally decide it will work. I have tried updating but apparently am already on latest version of 2.5. .

4. Today, I have the inbox showing with several unread emails, and when I have clicked on each one, they will not open unless I right click and mark as read. In the viewing pane below there is no email, just a blank white section where the email body should be.

I am becoming increasingly frustrated with this email program and thinking of changing but I have paid subscriptions for security etc and I am not sure if I can transfer all my emails and files to another program successfully, so please let me know how I can fix the above problems or migrate my emails to something less troublesome. I am not sure if the forum can help or whether I need to go directly to support but thought I would start here.

Thanks for listening.
Priscilla

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: General running problems

Postby IncrediModerator » Sun May 07, 2017 1:09 pm

Such performance issues can often be solved by deleting the IncrediMail "Runtime" folder.

To delete the Runtime folder, please run the following executable:
http://www2l.incredimail.com/contents/s ... el_run.exe

When done, open IncrediMail and check the results.

If the problems continue, I would like you to open a new identity in IncrediMail and see if you still encounter the same problems.

To create a new identity, please click on Tools > Identities > New Identity.

Set up your identity, and check to see if problems continue to occur in the new identity.

Please note that I would like you to configure the same email address in your new identity, there is no need to create a new email address. While the identity name should be different, the email address should be exactly the same.

As everything is being done in the new identity, none of the data and settings in your original identity should be affected.

To switch back to your original identity, simply click on Tools > Switch Identity, select the appropriate identity, and click on OK.

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

Return to “How do I...? Setup, General UI, Getting Started”