Can't Access Email through Incredimail after Broadband Disconnected/Reconnected by Telstra.

Use this forum to ask general setup and usage questions
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
dixita
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Can't Access Email through Incredimail after Broadband Disconnected/Reconnected by Telstra.

Postby dixita » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:45 am

Hello all,

Though confusion over what my elderly friend was asking, Telstra disconnected his wi-fi broadband and closed his Bigpond account rather than disconnecting his Foxtel. After intervention by me (I'm his Auth. Rep.) his wi-fi broadband and email address were eventually reconnected. He can use his old email address and password to access his Telstra account and through that Webmail, which appears to be on the Outlook.com platform. His emails appear in the POP folder there. Prior to the disconnection he had no difficulty in accessing his email through his email client, Incredimail. Since then, when connection is attempted the error message "ERR - Authentication failed" appears. From memory, when I first looked at the Properties of his Incredimail Account it showed the POP settings as "pop3.live.com and the SMTP settings as "mail.bigpond.com". These settings don't work now. I have attempted to reset the Properties with the various settings found on the Internet to no avail, receiving similar messages to that above. In looking at his Outlook.com settings, it appears that they may have to be in the IMAP format. If I attempt to add a New Account, when Incredimail searches BigPond for the IMAP settings I get the error, "email address and/or password incorrect".

Any help would be appreciated. It would be most helpful, due to my friends age and his comfort with Incredimail, if any possible solution revolve around that email client rather than another.

Regards
Dixita Patel

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Can't Access Email through Incredimail after Broadband Disconnected/Reconnected by Telstra.

Postby IncrediModerator » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:02 am

In this case, please click on Tools > Email Accounts, select the appropriate account, click on "Properties", and make sure the following are your server/port settings:

General tab:
Account Name: Bigpond
Display Name: Your full name
Email Address: Your email address

Servers tab:
Incoming mail server: mail.bigpond.com
Outgoing mail server: mail.bigpond.com
Username: Your email address
Password: Your Password
"Log on using Secure Password Authentication" should not be checked.
"My server requires authentication" should be checked.
Under "More Settings...", the option "Use same settings as my incoming mail server" should be selected.

Advanced tab:
Outgoing mail (SMTP): 465
"This server requires a secure connection (SSL)" should be checked.
Incoming mail (POP3): 995
"This server requires a secure connection (SSL)" should be checked.

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

dixita
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Can't Access Email through Incredimail after Broadband Disconnected/Reconnected by Telstra.

Postby dixita » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:41 am

Hello..

Thanx a lot.. i tried and it is done..

Regards
Dixita Patel

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:07 pm

I am glad to hear the problem has now been resolved :-)
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

Return to “How do I...? Setup, General UI, Getting Started”