Crash after 14.March.2017 Windows 10 update

Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
PunkHumanoid
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Crash after 14.March.2017 Windows 10 update

Postby PunkHumanoid » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:58 pm

Sorry, didn't help for me. :(

Por2gal
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Por2gal » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:50 pm

IncrediModerator wrote:To manually implement the crash fix in IncrediMail 2.0, please do the following:

1. Exit the IncrediMail application by right-clicking on the icon in your Windows taskbar and selecting "Exit".

2. In File Explorer, browse to the following path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\IncrediMail\Bin

3. Rename the file "PMC.dll" to "PMC.dll.old".

4. Relaunch the IncrediMail application.

Please let me know the results.

<New>
I have renamed file as you suggested, but after 15minutes, i still get the 'access violation' pop-up.
Exception: ACCESS_VIOLATION (C0000005) - on reading from 00000000
Faulting Offset: 0000346B
Module: CompPkgSup.DLL

0000346B CompPkgSup.DLL
0000417A CompPkgSup.DLL
000021CE CompPkgSup.DLL
00001E21 CompPkgSup.DLL
00001EFD CompPkgSup.DLL
000162C4 KERNEL32.DLL
00060FD9 ntdll.dll
00060FA4 ntdll.dll

and each time I see several icons in my 'taskbar' as pictured. sometimes more.

Barbara87
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Barbara87 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:26 am

can you let me have more detail on exactly how to do what you say. I think I tried it but it didn't come up with anything.

do you think incredimail will solve the problem without me having to do anything.

Barbara

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:09 pm

Such unusual issues can often be solved by deleting the IncrediMail "Runtime" folder.

To delete the Runtime folder, please run the following executable:
http://www2l.incredimail.com/contents/s ... el_run.exe

When done, open IncrediMail and check the results.

If the problem continues, I would like you to open a new identity in IncrediMail and see if you still encounter the same problem.

To create a new identity, please click on Tools > Identities > New Identity.

Set up your identity, and check to see if problem continues to occur in the new identity.

Please note that I would like you to configure the same email address in your new identity, there is no need to create a new email address. While the identity name should be different, the email address should be exactly the same.

As everything is being done in the new identity, none of the data and settings in your original identity should be affected.

To switch back to your original identity, simply click on Tools > Switch Identity, select the appropriate identity, and click on OK.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:10 pm

If the problem still continues, I would like you switch to another Windows user (create one if necessary), launch IncrediMail, reconfigure your account, and see if the same problem occurs there as well.

For detailed instructions on how to create users in Windows 10, please refer to the online article at:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/ins ... windows-10

Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

jtd9013
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby jtd9013 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:11 pm

Followed all recommendations. Nothing works except removing windows update KB4013429. Since Win 10 will automatically reinstall and I have found nothing out there to tell me how to stop it from reinstalling..... NOTE: The "WUSHOWHIDE" tool does NOT stop the system updates from installing, it only works for the NON-Microsoft driver updates. Hope IncrediMail gets on this fix ASAP

Por2gal
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Por2gal » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:48 am

<Sad Smile> Will this delete my messages before I delete 'Identity'?
I have alot of saved Emails and information in my other identity. <Surprised>
how can I retrieve my messages from my other identity. If i delete the original?
as I am finding your solution below, is working against the popup. thank you <Rock>

IncrediModerator wrote:Such unusual issues can often be solved by deleting the IncrediMail "Runtime" folder.

To delete the Runtime folder, please run the following executable:
http://www2l.incredimail.com/contents/s ... el_run.exe

When done, open IncrediMail and check the results.

If the problem continues, I would like you to open a new identity in IncrediMail and see if you still encounter the same problem.

To create a new identity, please click on Tools > Identities > New Identity.

Set up your identity, and check to see if problem continues to occur in the new identity.

Please note that I would like you to configure the same email address in your new identity, there is no need to create a new email address. While the identity name should be different, the email address should be exactly the same.

As everything is being done in the new identity, none of the data and settings in your original identity should be affected.

To switch back to your original identity, simply click on Tools > Switch Identity, select the appropriate identity, and click on OK.

hth
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby hth » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:36 am

I was going to post a separate thread, but its the exact same problem here, including the general timing. Been working on as time permits.

2 Major Problems

1) IM Crashing constantly (every 5-20 mins). Started about a week or two ago.

2) Cannot setup Send Mail without booting into safe mode for setting it up. After that can send in normal boot mode.

Platform: i7 on Intel Mobos, Win10, Scanned, Cleaned, etc ...professional IT serviced. Troubleshot in all sorts of clean and updated configurations, including safe mode (yes, it crashes running in safe mode as well).

Any repair mentioned here has been tried, and also a ton of hat tricks I threw at this over the last week.
The bottomline, imnsho, is ...this is purely and simply broken now. So either IM fixes what MS updates broke in it, or IM just lost a customer permanently (with many clients using this -and I mean whether they paid for it or not).

PLEASE LET US KNOW IN THIS THREAD IF/WHEN YOU POST ANOTHER UPDATE, AND WE WILL TRY IT OUT.
thank you.
HTH

-----------------------------
Typical Crash message

0000346B CompPkgSup.DLL
0000417A CompPkgSup.DLL
000021CE CompPkgSup.DLL
00001E21 CompPkgSup.DLL
00001EFD CompPkgSup.DLL
000162C4 KERNEL32.DLL
00060FD9 ntdll.dll
00060FA4 ntdll.dll
---------------------------------
occassionally this one...
Exception: ACCESS_VIOLATION (C0000005) - on reading from 000018AC
Faulting Offset: 0001BCD2
Module: OLEAUT32.dll

0001BCD2 OLEAUT32.dll
00036BB2 ImMangrU.dll
000282F2 ImABU.dll
0002833A ImABU.dll
0003338D MFC80U.DLL
00004C39 MSVCR80.dll

Por2gal
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Por2gal » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:31 am

hth wrote:I was going to post a separate thread, but its the exact same problem here, including the general timing. Been working on as time permits.

2 Major Problems

1) IM Crashing constantly (every 5-20 mins). Started about a week or two ago.

2) Cannot setup Send Mail without booting into safe mode for setting it up. After that can send in normal boot mode.

Platform: i7 on Intel Mobos, Win10, Scanned, Cleaned, etc ...professional IT serviced. Troubleshot in all sorts of clean and updated configurations, including safe mode (yes, it crashes running in safe mode as well).

Any repair mentioned here has been tried, and also a ton of hat tricks I threw at this over the last week.
The bottomline, imnsho, is ...this is purely and simply broken now. So either IM fixes what MS updates broke in it, or IM just lost a customer permanently (with many clients using this -and I mean whether they paid for it or not).

PLEASE LET US KNOW IN THIS THREAD IF/WHEN YOU POST ANOTHER UPDATE, AND WE WILL TRY IT OUT.
thank you.
HTH

-----------------------------
Typical Crash message

0000346B CompPkgSup.DLL
0000417A CompPkgSup.DLL
000021CE CompPkgSup.DLL
00001E21 CompPkgSup.DLL
00001EFD CompPkgSup.DLL
000162C4 KERNEL32.DLL
00060FD9 ntdll.dll
00060FA4 ntdll.dll
---------------------------------
occassionally this one...
Exception: ACCESS_VIOLATION (C0000005) - on reading from 000018AC
Faulting Offset: 0001BCD2
Module: OLEAUT32.dll

0001BCD2 OLEAUT32.dll
00036BB2 ImMangrU.dll
000282F2 ImABU.dll
0002833A ImABU.dll
0003338D MFC80U.DLL
00004C39 MSVCR80.dll

SAME. LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND ANOTHER MORE COMPATIBLE EMAIL PROGRAM. THANX
since setting up a new identity it has stopped the "access violation" popup. However, I WANT to RETRIEVE my old emails saved in my other identity and when i switch to the old identity, I'm constantly bombarded with the 'access violation" popup.
I want to delete my old identity but cannot due to the fact that my 'data and settings wizard' crashes.
So I'm stuck with having to switch constantly from one to the other identity.
FRUSTRATING AND ANNOYING.
I WILL NOT change my Identity on my computer as this has already been done, and now have more folders on my computer than I need.
administration rights are constantly in conflict with each new identity I change.

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:52 am

In this case, to import the previous messages and contacts into the new working identity, please do the following:

1. Exit the IncrediMail application by right-clicking on the icon in your Windows taskbar and selecting "Exit".

2. In File Explorer, browse to the following location:
C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Local\IM

Note: YOURUSER refers to your actual Windows user. As the "AppData" folder may sometimes be hidden, for instructions on how to show hidden files and folders in Windows, please refer to the Microsoft article at:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... dden-files

3. Copy the "Identities" folder to your Desktop.

4. Open IncrediMail, click on File > Import and Export > Import Messages.

5. In the pop-up window, select "IncrediMail" and click on Next.

6. Click "Select Folder" and browse to the "Identities" folder located on your Desktop. Click on Next.

7. Select the option "All Folders". Click on Next.

8. When complete, click on Finish.

9. In the main IncrediMail window, click on File > Import and Export > Import Contacts.

10. In the pop-up window, select "IncrediMail Address Book" and click on Next.

11. Click "Select Folder" and browse to the "Identities" folder located on your Desktop. Click on Next.

12. When complete, click on Finish.

Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

Return to “Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)”