Wont Shut Down Properly

Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
Por2gal
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Wont Shut Down Properly

Postby Por2gal » Fri May 19, 2017 10:02 am

i am still having trouble with 'incredimail 2.0'. It doesnt close down properly when I exit. It stays in my taskbar as 'open'. I have to EXIT the icon in my systems task menu. I therefore, cannot reopen Incredimail unless i Restart my PC. because it doesnt want to.

so i tried to install 2.5, and i am getting the same errors. It will not allow me to uninstall incredimail 2.5 because of the missing file as per the previous comment. neither can I uninstall from control panel.
I have reinstalled after several attempts, and now ALL MY DATA AND ACCOUNTS are missing.
my contacts have come back but NOTHING else. now i am having the same problems with closing properly and reopening 2.5 on my PC.
what can i do?

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Wont Shut Down Properly

Postby IncrediModerator » Sun May 21, 2017 11:27 am

In this case, all of the previous folders should be listed under "On my computer" at the bottom of the left panel in the main IncrediMail window.

If the "On my computer" is not displayed, simply right-click on the empty space at the bottom of the left panel, select the option "New Folder", and the "On my computer" should then be displayed with the previous folders placed underneath.

If the previous folders are still not displayed, to re-import the messages and folders, please do the following:

1. Exit the IncrediMail application by right-clicking on the icon in your Windows taskbar and selecting "Exit".

2. In File Explorer, browse to the following path:
C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Local\IM

Note: YOURUSER refers to your actual Windows user. As the "AppData" folder may sometimes be hidden, for instructions on how to show hidden files and folders in Windows, please refer to the online article at:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... dden-files

3. Copy the "Identities" folder to your Desktop.

4. Open IncrediMail, click on File > Import and Export > Import Messages.

5. In the pop-up window, select "IncrediMail" and click on Next.

6. Click "Select Folder" and browse to the "Identities" folder located on your Desktop. Click on Next.

7. Select the option "All Folders". Click on Next.

8. When complete, click on Finish.

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

Return to “Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)”