Strange incredimail error with gmail and pop3

Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Strange incredimail error with gmail and pop3

Postby IncrediModerator » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:02 pm

In this case, are you able to send/receive messages from that email account in Mozilla Thunderbird ?

If not, please refer to the various Gmail forums regarding the matter. Once you are able to send/receive the messages in Thunderbird, you should also be able to do so in IncrediMail.

If so, to further address this issue, please send me a screenshot of the "Server Settings" and "Outgoing Server (SMTP)" tabs in Mozilla Thunderbird for comparison.

Note: To display the top menu in Thunderbird, simply press the <Alt> key on your keyboard. After that, please click on Tools > Account Settings and send us a screenshot of the above tabs.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

Chryses
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Chryses » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:47 am

Hi, like I said the problem is only on incredimail, with any other client I don't have any issue.

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:09 am

Unfortunately, we seem to have run out of possible solutions to the problem you are experiencing.

I am very sorry that our efforts have not met with success.

We believe that the source of the problem lies in your particular Gmail account settings.

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and hope that the problem will be solved in the near future.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

Chryses
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Chryses » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:05 pm

Tnx for your help, but I don't think that the problem is inside the gmail account, is one account like others and seems I'm the only one to have a problem with incredimail with gmail.

For me seems that the token for the authorization (like the OAuth2 for Thunderbird) have some problem. There's any way to completely remove incredimail, with registry track, all the files around the pc and try again?

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:33 am

In this case, you can try creating a new identity in IncrediMail and see if you are then able to configure the email account.

To create a new identity, please click on Tools > Identities > New Identity.

Set up the identity and see if you are then able to configure the Gmail account in IncrediMail.

Please note that I would like you to configure the same email address in your new identity, there is no need to create a new email address. While the identity name should be different, the email address should be exactly the same.

As everything is being done in the new identity, none of the data and settings in your original identity should be affected.

To switch back to your original identity, simply click on Tools > Switch Identity, select the appropriate identity, and click on OK.

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

Return to “Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)”