uninstall incredimail

Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
linny40
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

uninstall incredimail

Postby linny40 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:17 pm

Hi i have had IncrediMail for many many years, and have some premium features still. However of late, i have had so many problems with IncrediMail keep crashing that i feel i need to totally uninstall.

BUT my question is will i loose all my saved emails and my folders in IncrediMail. Obvs i have had stuff in there for years as well as new stuff that is needed.

If i uninstall IncrediMail i am not sure what client to use as i have used this for gosh at least 20 yrs.

Its just sometimes it does not seem compatible with Windows 10.

I did try to update or do something and everything disappeared, which meant i had to restore my pc to an earlier date to get everything back. so annoying.

Apparently, i have the most updated version BUILD ID 6395274

Cheers

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: uninstall incredimail

Postby IncrediModerator » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:41 pm

Such performance issues can often be solved by deleting the IncrediMail "Runtime" folder.

To delete the Runtime folder, please run the following executable:
http://www2l.incredimail.com/contents/s ... el_run.exe

When done, open IncrediMail and check the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:44 pm

If the problem continues, I would like you to try uninstalling and then reinstalling IncrediMail 2.5.

As the uninstall script only removes the exe/dll files, your existing data and settings should not be affected.

To uninstall IncrediMail 2.5, please go to Start > Settings > System > Apps and features, select "IncrediMail 2.5" and click on "Uninstall".

After the uninstall completes, please run the following executable to install the latest build of IncrediMail 2.5:
http://www5l.incredimail.com/im/imsetup ... lSetup.exe

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

linny40
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby linny40 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:05 pm

hi sorry i have been away.

I still have the same problem. IM keeps crashing. so Again i tried to update and reinstall IM2.5 Again i get same problems my files/folders all disappear with all my saved emails in. and the interface of IM is totally different. Why is it when i do a reinstall i get the new/different interface.
Instead of my coloured folders, i get the likes of@ ?????.com or @XXXXXX.com etc etc ( this seemed to create around 8 different file, but NONE of my saved emails where in any of them - its as if they disappeared.

SO yet again i have gone back and done a system restore to get my other version of IM back again which has restored my files. Whilst i have been sitting here typing again IM crashes.

No i get an error message saying Critical error and can NOT open my IM :(

If i totally uninstall IM and reinstall would it still keep all my files??

Seems i have an old version of IM 2.0 build 6395274

Return to “Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)”