Unable to Open, move, delete emails prior to a certain time.

Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
debke71
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Unable to Open, move, delete emails prior to a certain t

Postby debke71 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:47 pm

i have got the same problem. All mij mails in concepts i can't open and old mails i can't open or delete. Whit de new mails i haven't got any problems. Ik have don the im zip dat but i con't post it here. How must i do that ?

anacris99
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby anacris99 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:57 am

Frenchie: The problem is not solved by the tool that you described, does not index, does not allow to erase, nor to move, says that it receives the post office
but does not show them in tray of entry.... I order You the IMData. Thank you.
Attachments
IMData.zip
(309.82 KiB) Downloaded 377 times

anacris99
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby anacris99 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:14 am

Frenchie: Segui the instructions but the problem is not solved, is still equal. It works to eliminate neither, neither to move, to copy, receives e-mails but it does not show them, not as this resolves. I order you file IMDATA. Thank you!
Attachments
IMData.zip
(309.82 KiB) Downloaded 875 times

Frenchie
IncrediMail Support Team Member
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Postby Frenchie » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:25 pm

@ Anacris:

In order to correct this issue, please follow the instructions below:
First, you will need to uninstall IncrediMail 2 from your computer.

Once you have done so, please click here to reinstall IncrediMail Xe.

Check that your messages are correctly displayed in IncrediMail Xe. If they are not, please contact me before proceeding.

If your messages are displayed correctly, please right-click on the IncrediMail tray icon (located near the computer clock) and select 'Exit'.

Now browse to the location of your IncrediMail Identity:

C:\Users\ana\AppData\Local\IM\Identities\{9E1AF8D5-B6BF-44EC-BB17-25EE87BAA7A8}\Message Store

Rename 'containers.db' to 'containers1.db'. Do not delete this file !

Now click here and follow the directions to install IncrediMail 2.

Please let me know if this helped.
Cordialement,

Frenchie
Support Client IncrediMail

Image Image

ratheeshsr13
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby ratheeshsr13 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Dear Frenchie

As per your last update, I tried uninstalling the application and tried install incredimail(the first one 10.7MB).

After Installing I got an error as follows

Exception: ACCESS_VIOLATION (C0000005) - on reading from 00000008
Faulting Offset: 00056363
Module: ImUtilsU.dll

00056363 ImUtilsU.dll
00057A3C ImUtilsU.dll
00083CF8 ImUtilsU.dll

Mine is a 64bit Windows 7 OS.

Please help.

Have you tested the solution provided. Advise

yowgal
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby yowgal » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:25 pm

I am having the same problems as these other folks. Using IM2; reinstalled it; same problems.

I ran the program on the click here to no avail. Still cannot delete existing e-mails and when new items come in, they disappear into thin air.

I have the IMData.zip file on my desktop, how do I attach it here????

Frustrated in Ottawa. Jean

scoobylou
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby scoobylou » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:00 pm

Hi I am also having this or at least a similar problem....

As on the 15th of December any emails in my inbox from before that date are visible in my inbox but I am unable to do anything with them???

I have been in contact with customer support and I received the follwing message;

"Thank you for your query. After looking on your webmail account and emails stored on our server I can only see emails from 19/12/11 onwards. Unfortunately if you have emails stored before this date they would be stored on your computer and we would not have a copy of these backed up after being removed from our server."

I have looked around the various files and folders on my computer but cant seem to find anything that would be a log of messages etc. Could anyone point me in the right direction or provide any insight from another user in a similar situation, it would be much appreciated!

Many thanks!

yowgal
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby yowgal » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:47 pm

Question - is this is happening to a good many people, why are we being told that it is internal to our computer.

They all got ill at the same time - this does not make any sense to me?????

scoobylou
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby scoobylou » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:57 am

Yowgal,

What with the lack of any concrete answers from incredimail etc and as you say the pinpointed moment this happened for most of the users on here it does look increasingly like its something at their end and they dont want to admit it. I've lost lots of useful stuff thanks to this, perhaps its my fault for not making copies but it is still very frustrating. Regardless of outcome I think I will be moving on from incredimail/ic24 very soon.

If any forum admin/mods or support would like to add to this I'd be very grateful.

krycek29
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby krycek29 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:47 am

Hello there

I had the exact same problem with my incredimail after I tried to install Beta 2.5. It screwed all up. My new messages disappeared, couldn't delete, and the send window vanished when I tried to send..

This is what I did..
First make a backup of all your files incredimail files.
To find out where to go Click Tools, then Options, under the General tab click on Data Folder near the bottom. It will look something like this.
Go here C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\IM (if your missing some folders you may have to unide your hidden folders) For that goto my computer, goto tools, the folder options,the view, and scroll down to hidden folders.
Make a backup of the whole IM folder, it will contain lots of stuff, identities, emotions, skins etc.. Just make a separate folder and copy it all in there.

I also made a backup of my contacts and data by using the export method. Click file and use the data transfer wizard..

Then what I did was completely un-install incredimail refer to the link below: (note you will lose all your stuff this way but your files are still all in the IM folder you made) plus with your data backup.
http://help.incredimail.com/incredimail ... errer_id=1
you could try to just uninstall Incredimail normally first, and see if that works, because the link above,
thing is I tried just a normal uninstall and the problem was still there afterwards.

After you uninstall, Reinstall incredimail and goto the next step.
After you get all your setting configured you can know reimport all your messages.
Do a couple test runs and make sure you can receive new messages, and send..

now.............
Click File,Import Export, then click import messages.
It will prompt you to import from a specific folder.
This is a little tricky, navigate your way to IM folder, in That you will see the Identities folder.(the identities are really long number folders)
YOu may see a few Identities, the best way to see what one is yours is to choose the folder that is the largest in size.
chose that one, then it will scan the folder and ask you what folders to import. So you can import inbox, sent, deleted, or any other custom folders you made.
YOu can choose specific folders...
After that you should have all your e-mails back,.
YOu probably will have to reinstall your contacts, but you can do that with your contact back up from the data wizard or you can double click on your identity folder that your backed up and put that in the newly reinstalled address folder, you can just copy that to the new address folder.
After all that work I got my incredimail back to normal, just don't install the beta 2.5 it sucks.... lol
Note you will have to reinstall all your skins and stuff aswell, if u need help on that MSG me I'm too tired right now lol.

Probably sounds confusing, sorry its late and I'm tired, if you need help send me an email bender1972@hotmail.com

Return to “Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)”