Unable to Open, move, delete emails prior to a certain time.

Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
Frenchie
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Re: Unable to Open, move, delete emails prior to a certain t

Postby Frenchie » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:43 pm

Thanks for this reply, other users encountering same problems with the beta build, please open a new topic if your issue is not solved by importing your data from the current identity to a new identity you will have opened for this.
Cordialement,

Frenchie
Support Client IncrediMail

Image Image

maggiellen
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby maggiellen » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:26 pm

All my email b efore the 19th that /i left in the inbox can't be opened, have done all the things you others have done. even went to VIP help and they said I had to delet them a certain way, well I don't want to delete them I need some of the information contained there. very frustrated with not getting a good answer to the problem.

maggiellen
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby maggiellen » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:27 pm

what new identiy?????

maggiellen
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby maggiellen » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:30 pm

Well I tried that and it did not unlock myemail. can we get the old version back???????

jobo12
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby jobo12 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:13 pm

All this information is fine, if you know what you're doing, however, if you can't even open Incredimail to do all this, what next. I am getting desperate, because I communicate with this program and now I don't even have a back up contact list.

H E L P !!!!!!!!!

krycek29
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby krycek29 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:10 pm

Hello there

I had the exact same problem with my incredimail after I tried to install Beta 2.5. It screwed all up. My new messages disappeared, couldn't delete, and the send window vanished when I tried to send..

This is what I did..
First make a backup of all your files incredimail files.
To find out where to go Click Tools, then Options, under the General tab click on Data Folder near the bottom. It will look something like this.
Go here C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\IM (if your missing some folders you may have to unide your hidden folders) For that goto my computer, goto tools, the folder options,the view, and scroll down to hidden folders.
Make a backup of the whole IM folder, it will contain lots of stuff, identities, emotions, skins etc.. Just make a separate folder and copy it all in there.

I also made a backup of my contacts and data by using the export method. Click file and use the data transfer wizard..

Then what I did was completely un-install incredimail refer to the link below: (note you will lose all your stuff this way but your files are still all in the IM folder you made) plus with your data backup.
http://help.incredimail.com/incredimail ... errer_id=1
you could try to just uninstall Incredimail normally first, and see if that works, because the link above,
thing is I tried just a normal uninstall and the problem was still there afterwards.

After you uninstall, Reinstall incredimail and goto the next step.
After you get all your setting configured you can know reimport all your messages.
Do a couple test runs and make sure you can receive new messages, and send..

now.............
Click File,Import Export, then click import messages.
It will prompt you to import from a specific folder.
This is a little tricky, navigate your way to IM folder, in That you will see the Identities folder.(the identities are really long number folders)
YOu may see a few Identities, the best way to see what one is yours is to choose the folder that is the largest in size.
chose that one, then it will scan the folder and ask you what folders to import. So you can import inbox, sent, deleted, or any other custom folders you made.
YOu can choose specific folders...
After that you should have all your e-mails back,.
YOu probably will have to reinstall your contacts, but you can do that with your contact back up from the data wizard or you can double click on your identity folder that your backed up and put that in the newly reinstalled address folder, you can just copy that to the new address folder.
After all that work I got my incredimail back to normal, just dont install the beta 2.5 it sucks.... lol
Note you will have to reinstall all your skins and stuff aswell, if u need help on that msg me im too tired right now lol.

Probably sounds confusing, sorry its late and im tired, if you need help send me an email bender1972@hotmail.com
krycek29
IncrediUser

old228
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby old228 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:23 pm

I downloaded IM Info .exe
I ran the download and now have a IMData file on my desktop.
What am I supposed to do with it???????
old228

Bimbo
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Bimbo » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:14 am

Sorry, not sure if I am in the right section.

My program crashed January 26, 2012. Since then I have re installed the program. Everything went a okay. My problem.. Since the crash I made folders. Each of the folders are holding files. Some of the files when I click on then do not open. Some are okay. Others open with a bunch of letters that one is not able to read.

If anyone can advice that would be great. I will say that the support team has been more then generous with their replies. I hate bothering them all the time. Love this program.

Thank you. <Big Smile>

moonstar

Postby moonstar » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:11 am

Bimbo wrote:Sorry, not sure if I am in the right section.

My program crashed January 26, 2012. Since then I have re installed the program. Everything went a okay. My problem.. Since the crash I made folders. Each of the folders are holding files. Some of the files when I click on then do not open. Some are okay. Others open with a bunch of letters that one is not able to read.

If anyone can advice that would be great. I will say that the support team has been more then generous with their replies. I hate bothering them all the time. Love this program.

Thank you. <Big Smile>

Please note you're posting in an old post - in order to receive a personal response, you'll need to create a new post (by yourself).

Include as many details about the issue as possible. As soon as you do, we'll be able to help you immediately.
Best regards,

Moonstar
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

anacris99
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby anacris99 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:23 am

Frenchie: I followed the detailed steps but it did not change anything, I can use the incredimail with new identity, I recovered backup previous with another identity and it follows the same problem. Is it possible to penetrate folders and e-mails of an identity to other one?, might it work??? Thank you and I wait for innovations on this topic, for what I see we are great the affected ones and in the same time.

Return to “Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)”