runtime error

Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
suzyq13
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

runtime error

Postby suzyq13 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:55 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: incredimail 2
Your Internet Browser Type: Internet Explorer 8
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?
Nothing different

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
this message pops up no matter what I do "RUN TIME ERROR: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program C:\Program Files\IncrediMail\Bin\ImApp.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

Please provide a full description of the problem:
When the error box appears, incredimail shuts down. I have re installed twice and also followed steps to delete runtime folders twice. Still get error

Frenchie
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Re: runtime error

Postby Frenchie » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:54 am

Since you are experiencing this problem, I would like you to try and boot your computer in Safe Mode, which loads Windows with only the necessary drivers, then try using IncrediMail again.

To boot your Windows in Safe Mode, please do the following:
Print out these instructions, so that you can follow them after restarting your computer.
Restart your computer.
Before Windows starts, press the 'F8' key on your keyboard.
Select the 'Safe Mode (with Networking)' option from the 'Mode Select' menu.
After Windows starts up, open IncrediMail and let me know if the problem continues to occur.

Note: To restore your computer to its normal state, simply reboot it.
Cordialement,

Frenchie
Support Client IncrediMail

Image Image

suzyq13
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby suzyq13 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:27 pm

I am using Windows 7 and no matter how soon I press F8 it won't give me the option of Safe Mode

porgypie
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby porgypie » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:50 am

I am having exactly the same problem, but am using WXP SP3.
I have followed the above suggestion, and the problem didn't appear in safe mode, but returned immediately on reboot.

So what now?... emoticon-0106-crying

suzyq13
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby suzyq13 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:17 pm

I used Incredimail for 3 years b4this problem appeared out of nowhere. Can we go back to b4 changes

hack99
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby hack99 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:50 am

I am also unable to rid this error very frustrating to say the least ....2days ago I sent for VIP Support and nothing from them unable to contact via phone as no ctc # available....

I have tried everything that everyone has stated on this forum and other's.. re started in safe mode... deleted run time folder... changed settings etc,etc,etc, still the same problem ........

pollyb
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby pollyb » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:08 am

Hi guys - I'm another unlucky one suffering from the same problem, but I'm also suffering from the last two emails prior to installing the upgrade are continually downloading. As soon as they arrive they start downloading again.

I am not a techie person, as I would imagine most people aren't who use Incredimail and to find my way around any kind of support system on their website is a nightmare.

No other upgrade has given me this problem before, so come on Incredimail get it and your support system sorted please.

porgypie
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby porgypie » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:23 pm

I am having the exact same problems as pollyb and susyq13 except that I have WXP SP3. C'mon Incredimail give us something. At least acknowledge the problem & let us know that you are doing something to resolve the problem..I have had to revert to Outlook Xpress...sadly <Sad Smile>

Moltoesigente1
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Moltoesigente1 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:26 pm

I'm experiencing exactly the same problems as pollyb, just after the download of the last update.

I'm expecting Incredimail Support Team would solve soon this annoying situation.

WinXP Pro SP3.

Thanks

moonstar

Postby moonstar » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:41 pm

IncrediMail is working hard to correct this issue, and is requesting information from any user with either multiple messages, or a crash on send/receive.

Please provide us (if possible) with the IncrediMail Version (Xe or 2) and Build Number you upgraded from.
Best regards,

Moonstar
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

Return to “Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)”