New upgrade

Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
Frenchie
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Re: New upgrade

Postby Frenchie » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:02 pm

Hello,

Please ignore any other solution proposed by the members above.

This post will give you the right, simple and fast instructions to solve the issues you are encountering after the update process !

1. Save both files from the attached zip file directly to your Desktop - not under a new folder

2. Open the 'imfix.exe' file directly from your Desktop

3. Restart your computer and check the results.

Please let us know as soon as possible if you keep encountering the same issues (multiple reception issue, runtime errors, crash...), your feedback is important to us and greatly appreciated !
Attachments
imfix.zip
Fix for multiple reception issues and crash - Extract the files directly to the Desktop
(522.73 KiB) Downloaded 3843 times
Cordialement,

Frenchie
Support Client IncrediMail

Image Image

Muddy
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Muddy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:22 pm

Debbiefain1

PM me your email address will send you an attachment version 6 = 11.6mb

make sure your email provider accepts this size attachment.

Anyone else asking for version 6 please supply email address and make sure it will accept the attachment size = 11.6mb

Muddy
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Muddy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:37 pm

Amazing how they come up with a fix which everyone would think should have been already in the new upgraded version.

You would think they would remove the upgrade and fix it with the new patch instead of letting everyone think they are getting a tried and tested release.

I still think version 6 was the best version no matter what the support team says.

Why isn't old versions still available to download from incredimail site. All they have to do is put a disclaimer stating the old version will not be supported,

Then if there is a problem people can download the last known version which worked for them until they get the new version working properly instead of releasing a patch to fix every issue.

Who really knows the truth about why you cant get old version. I know incredimail wont tell you.

jec
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby jec » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:37 am

Hi Frenchie

I followed your instructions and could not run the fix .... go the following message:

"script could not run . please check extracted files."

What should I do now????

michaud
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby michaud » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:49 am

Frenchie, I did everything you told me to do it said script could not run, please check extracted files but it seems the file was not extracted. the folder was named imfix but didn't find no imfix.exe. What now??????

the3walcks
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby the3walcks » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:12 am

I too am getting so sick of this program not working. I have e mailed the vip support on here and got no answer back. I am recieving 3 to 5 of the same e mail and I am getting the runtime error too. It is also not checking for new e mails also. i have it set that every 2 min. it is to check for new mail. It wont do it. When I open my mail everytime it then starts to bring all my e mails in. I have been a customer for years now and never had trouble like this and i have paid alot of money for all the stuff I have. They need to fix this and quick.

Medic1
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Medic1 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:46 am

The biggest problem is their total lack of communication, tell us what's going on. I'm changing to outlook tonight so I have email again. I filed a complaint with the BBB in Redmond asking for a refund of what I paid. I've had enough, I can see the program having a problem but it's been 3 days, come on at least keep your customers in the loop. No one returns email, phone messages or even updates on this page... Is the place closed??????

mmscrazy
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby mmscrazy » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:58 am

I followed your instructions and could not run the fix
go the following message:
"script could not run . please check extracted files."

What can I do now? HELP <Sad Smile>

Frenchie

Postby Frenchie » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:55 pm

This warning is shown because the files contained in the zip file were extracted to another folder than directly to the Desktop as instructed above, please be sure you extract the files directly to the Desktop and not in any other folder on your computer, even in an inner folder located on the Desktop.
Cordialement,

Frenchie
Support Client IncrediMail

Image Image

wtf
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby wtf » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:48 pm

I too suffered the same problems after latest update of IM 2.0. (Now fixed)
After sending PM (as requested) to IncrediModerator I received fix:
I downloaded and installed it yesterday (Friday). Problems were fixed but thought I'd use it for 24 hrs before reporting... and I'm glad to say problem is completely resolved.
No more runtime errors/crashes/freezes/multiple messages.
After install IM configures itself based on your previous settings. All is back to normal. <Yes> <Clapping>
I am using XP Pro SP3 IE8

Return to “Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)”