REALLY ANNOYED! I WANT MY OLDER PROGRAM BACK!

Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
djhorn73
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

REALLY ANNOYED! I WANT MY OLDER PROGRAM BACK!

Postby djhorn73 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:53 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: 2
Your Internet Browser Type: FireFox 3.5
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?
I installed the newest incredimail 2 and now my e-mail won't work! I even tried purchasing a newer version and my e-mail is totally goofed up! i can't get my e-mails! i want to be able to uninstall the new version and put the version i had back on my computer! this REALLY ticks me off! apparently there are TONS of people with problems! you shouldn't send out a notice that there is an upgrade until you have fully tested it first! Now my e-mail is totally screwed up!

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
There is no error message. my e-mail worked fine until i downloaded the incredimail 2!

Please provide a full description of the problem:
<Devil> I keep getting multiple e-mails! I try deleting them from the server and it still keeps loading the same e-mail over and over again! i don't have my e-mail provider save a copy on the server at all! so why it keeps loading the same message over and over and not taking it off the server is beyond me! my e-mail worked perfect until i upgraded to this stupid new "Incredimail 2". my e-mail also locks up! I look at one e-mail, then i have to shut down incredimail and open it back up in order to be able to do anything else! my e-mail is totally screwed up! PLEASE put the other version back up so i can download it! my e-mails are not loading in at all! i am not getting my mail! I am really upset about this since i do business on my computer and I rely on getting my e-mails! FIX THIS ASAP PLEASE! OR PUT THE OLDER VERSION BACK OUT THERE UNTIL YOU FIX THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marthajean
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: REALLY ANNOYED! I WANT MY OLDER PROGRAM BACK!

Postby Marthajean » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:21 am

i am having the same problem since yesterday morning. and there is NO communication - so much for a paid license and vip support. no one seems to be helping. maybe they put a virus in the upgrade and all left town. i wrote the parent company - perion - dumped my stock.
Last edited by Marthajean on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

djhorn73
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby djhorn73 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:29 am

yes.... i am a paid customer too! so i am REALLY upset about this! I have tried everything to fix it... but this stupid new version 2 doesn't work! I want it fixed NOW! i tried to communicate and there is no one to talk to! and i am not getting any reply. I wasn't mad at first until i didn't get any replies!

Marthajean
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Marthajean » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:31 am

same here dj - i have patience and can understand a fix being worked on but there is no communication. the last problem i had the person typed for a page and never even addressed the problem. this time they don't even communicate - that is why i said write the parent company. on their site they have a phone number for investers - you can call that and maybe tell them they are going to lose their investers if this is how ingreedimail treats their customers.

djhorn73
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby djhorn73 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:28 am

Yes... this non communication is really irritating! my mail is REALLY screwed up! I paid for the program so they better get it working! but my biggest issue is that if they know it isn't working... why haven't they put the older version back up so we can at least have a working e-mail program! then they can work on the problem while we all can still get our e-mails! i want this version 2 out of here! i need my e-mails! i own a home based business and i NEED my e-mails! they are going to cost me money if they don't get a fix ASAP!

dsmith7981
IncrediMaster
IncrediMaster

Postby dsmith7981 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:01 am

Note to forum members and guests. The Incredimail support staff communicated their awareness of the problems created by the update to the latest build (5175). We must have patience. The causes of the problems must be determined and fixed. We should have more communications early tomorrow.
Cordially, DSmith7981

djhorn73
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby djhorn73 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:05 am

it would be nice if they know there is a big issue with the new version if they would give us the option of returning to the older version until they fix the new one. i did have patience until i wasn't getting any answers or fixes yet and my e-mail isn't working!

JazzysMom
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby JazzysMom » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:46 am

I upgraded yesterday and immediately began having problems! Crashing constantly, error messages, multiple emails. Tried re-installing - no difference. I would LOVE the old version back until this is fixed. I cannot even read an email! Why would they put out a version that hasn't even been tested?? This is just nuts! Ready to dump Incredimail completely. I only have the free version but will not even consider buying it now!

JazzysMom
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby JazzysMom » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:47 am

I really feel bad for all of you that actually PAID money for this piece of -Not Allowed-! <No>

Corkymom4
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Corkymom4 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:30 am

I wrote them and told them that there was a bunch of us that are having issues with the new build and I attached a screenshot of my error message. I told them we should be able to roll back until they fixed the bugs and here's what I got back:

Thank you for the screenshot.
Urlmon is not an IncrediMail module and it is possible that it causes the crash.
Please search in your computer for this file and remove the related program from the control pane.
Then, restart and recheck.
Please let me know the results.
We thank you for choosing IncrediMail and please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns you may have.

I ran a scan and found 60 instances of Urlmon on my computer....so I asked my computer geek friend, and they told me that Urlmon is something that Windows needs to have to function. I don't know who the heck they have working there, but I'm pretty sure that if I followed their instructions, I'd be hip deep in something that smells pretty foul! I told them as much and they told me this:

Thank you for your reply.
I apologize for the inconvenience, however downgrading IncrediMail is not possible, as this may cause damage or complete loss to your data.
I would like you to uninstall, then re-install IncrediMail on your computer.
Note: This process does not affect your IncrediMail data in any way.
To uninstall, then re-install IncrediMail, do the following:
First, please click here and save this IncrediMail installation file to your desktop.
Then, click the Windows 'Start' menu, select 'Programs', scroll to 'IncrediMail' and click 'Uninstall IncrediMail'.
When the process is finished, run the installation file.
Open IncrediMail and recheck.
Let me know the results.

Needless to say, I followed those instructions and now it's worse than ever! I've even had to reboot because I couldn't get it to close out so I could open it again. Oh, and I wasn't very nice the second time I wrote back.
Incredimail, you really owe all of us something because you've screwed up more than you ever have before! <No>

Return to “Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)”