How to stop synced?

Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
Thrill
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

How to stop synced?

Postby Thrill » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:35 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: 2,5
Your Internet Browser Type: FireFox 3.5
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:

Please provide a full description of the problem:
Hello
How do I get rid of the annoying message "This operation could not be performed because messages are still being synced."
How to stop synced?

Greetings
Thrill
Attachments
Snap1.jpg

PattiLu
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: How to stop synced?

Postby PattiLu » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:16 am

I am having the same problem.

Thanks,
Patti

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:59 am

In IncrediMail 2.5, your account is synchronized with your account provider's server. You can only perform actions on messages after they have been downloaded to IncrediMail. While IncrediMail is in the process of downloading the message (syncing) - no operation can be done on your messages.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Customer Support

uncwigg
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: How to stop syning?

Postby uncwigg » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:20 pm

2.5 is causing my email to stop functioning. I need to return to 2.0. My "account provider server" or my basic or online email now has over 25,000 emails. I don't use this account, except as a depository, and am horrified at the thought of having all 25,000 emails being synced or downloaded to my Incredimail account. I've tried to install 2.0 over 2.5, with no luck. How do I return to the premium version of 2.0?

IncrediAdmin2

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:01 pm

Please note that we do not recommend downgrading from IncrediMail 2.5 to IncrediMail 2 since it will cause the loss\corruption of your data.

The issue you are dealing with may be caused by incorrect account details. I would like you to reconfigure your email using the 'Email Setup Wizard':

1. First please refresh your IncrediMail installation by clicking the link below:

http://www.incredimail.com/beta/?is=t

2. Click 'Tools' and then select 'Email Accounts'.

3. Chose your account, click 'Remove'. To reconfigure the account, click 'Add'.

4. In the Account Wizard window, chose 'Let me configure settings myself', and click 'Next'.

Please Note – If you do not have another email client installed on your computer, you will not see the 'Let me configure…' option. Continue to Step 5.

5. Please choose your email service provider. If it is not listed, click 'Other'.

6. Follow the instructions to set up your account.

Let me know the results.

Note: Make sure that the password that you have entered is identical to the one your email account provider has given you.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2

wnight1
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby wnight1 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:16 am

I have had Incredimail for years and I have all the upgrades .Know all of a sudden all my e-mails have to be synced .Which takes a long time . I do not have the time for this and if Incredimail does not do something about it and put it back where I can delete e-mails right away .They can kiss me good by .I will be deleting incredimail if they do not fix this problem .Everything is suppose to be super fast . I think that all these e-mails are being scanned by the government , that is why it is taking so long and I want it stopped. <Devil> .

IncrediAdmin2

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:50 pm

Please note that syncing is simply the process of sending/receiving. IncrediMail has always sent/received your mail, only in the last updates we call this process syncing, rather than sending/receiving. Other than that, nothing has changed.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2

aseminolelady
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby aseminolelady » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:48 am

It HAS CHANGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We use to NOT have to wait for 'syncing!!! , and I along with the rest of them DO NOT LIKE TO HAVE TO WAITI!!! We NEVER had to before!!, and it is VERY annoying!!

wnight1
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby wnight1 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:45 am

Hello ,
I do not know who you think you are . Incredimail (e-mails) where downloaded fast and I could delete anyone of them instantly .I did not have to wait for this Bull@h8t to be synced. This is my last response to your annoying syncing . If you do not make it so I do not have to wait .I am going back to outlook express .At least there's is fast . Telling people that you have not changed anything is a bunch of sht .You might be able to blow smoke up some peoples butts , but not mine . I hope a lot of other people quit your program , because of this . You got all our money and know you want to get rid of us . I hope that you have a stinking CHRTISTMAS

Risky312
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Risky312 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:29 am

Well, I didn't like the Syncing process either. It's states it's not suppose to do POP3 accounts (IMAP accounts only) but it does. I contacted VIP Support & still have not heard a thing from them. The Syncing will sync even when you have all accounts unchecked & working offline. And our ISP has a FAP (Fair Access Policy) & so I had to do something to get this to stop...

So after a couple of days I uninstalled 2.5 completely & reinstalled 2.0. Everything was going good until I switched my identity to Main (Old) to see what was there & when I switched back to my main one, I had Outbox with a long bunch of numbers (outbox was empty) & now I can't get the emails in my inbox to delete, move, nothing...

I also don't like the fact that we can't import individual files back into IM from a previous version (XE). No I did NOT do the export data because I want to be able to install & go through them separately. I had saved all those before I did this change because of ImUtilsU.dll error. I NEVER wanted to upgrade.

Kimberly

Return to “Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)”