constant annoying error message

Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
dougvarrieur
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

constant annoying error message

Postby dougvarrieur » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:32 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: plu, 2.0
Your Internet Browser Type: FireFox 2
Your Operation System: Windows XP

What have you done before the problem occurred?
nothing, it just started on its own. PS the version of Firefox says 28.0 so I'm not sure which version it is.

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
"The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified. Do you want to continue using this sever. yes? no?

Details

A required certificate is not within its validity period when verifying against the current system clock or the time stamp in the signed file.

Please provide a full description of the problem:
The whole family uses Incredimail and we all love it BUT, my 80 year old Mom is getting so frustrated with a constant pop up error message which arrives each time Incredimail goes out to snatch her mail. The pop up says the time stamp is incorrect and asks if she wants to use the server. She say yes and it gets the mail but it's so annoying. The info I found on the web says to check the computers time, date, time zone and be sure to check the auto change for daylight savings.... All of this was correct. The next options offered was to make sure the user name was a name only without the @MSN.com behind the name. I did find the user name included @MSN.com so I removed it, clicked OK and closed the email accounts box. The next time mail was retrieved the time stamp pop up did not happen....BUT the second time it did. I went back to check the user name and discovered the @MSN.com magically re-appeared after the user name alone.

I've corrected this a dozen times and have made sure to click OK prior to closing the box but the @MSN.com keeps re-appearing by itself after going out for mail retrieve the second time.

How do I fix this issue?

Thanks!

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Re: constant annoying error message

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:30 pm

The issue you are dealing with may be caused by incorrect account details. I would like you to reconfigure your email using the 'Email Setup Wizard':

**1.** First please refresh your IncrediMail installation by clicking on the following link - http://www.incredimail.com/English/download.aspx?product=fullsetup&version=test

**2.** Click 'Tools' and then select 'Email Accounts...'.

**3.** Chose your account, click 'Remove'. To reconfigure the account, click 'Add'.

**4.** In the Account Wizard window, choose 'Let me configure settings myself', and click 'Next'. **Please Note –** If you do not have another email client installed on your computer, you will not see the 'Let me configure…' option. Continue to Step 5.

**5.** Please choose your email service provider. If it is not listed, click 'Other'.

**6.** Follow the instructions to set up your account.

Let me know the results.

**Note:** Make sure that the password that you have entered is identical to the one your email account provider has given you.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Customer Support

dougvarrieur
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby dougvarrieur » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:04 pm

Hi, I did everything above before writing my first post. Still have the pop up. Next?????

IncrediAdmin2

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:41 pm

Since you are experiencing this problem in IncrediMail, I would like you to test this email account configuration in Outlook Express. To do so, please do the following:

1. Open Outlook Express, click the 'Tools' menu and select 'Accounts...'.

2. In the 'Internet Accounts' dialog, click 'Add' and select 'Mail...'.

3. Complete your account configuration and click 'Finish'.

Try to send and receive your email using Outlook Express and let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2

IncrediAdmin2

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:03 pm

Let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2

dadada
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby dadada » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:45 am

You need more of the statements in this matter, so that we can understand. Thank you for sharing. I hope you happy

Return to “Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)”