Impossible to open links in Chrome

Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
sambo1
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Impossible to open links in Chrome

Postby sambo1 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:45 pm

Don't you just love the way communication just stops? Great help eh?
This issue is driving me nuts.

sambo1
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby sambo1 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:12 pm

I also have this problem and as usual there is no help to be had.

I have switched to the Maxthon browser and I love it. Links open right away. Of course it takes some getting used to but right now I like it. Just having a bit of a problem watching videos on it so trying to fix that issue.

Regards

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Support Team Member
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:02 pm

It's possible the issue you encountered is due to another program you have installed on your computer which conflicts with IncrediMail.

I'd like you to restart your computer, loading only the basic programs, by doing the following:

1. Click the 'Start' menu and in the 'Start Search' dialog, enter 'msconfig', and press on the 'Enter' key.

2. In the 'System Configuration' dialog, select the 'Startup' tab and click 'Disable All'.

3. Restart your computer. With only the basic programs loaded, please try to open IncrediMail and let me know what happens.

Don't forget to repeat steps 1 and 2 and click the 'Enable All' option to restore your computer's default settings.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Customer Support

Berwen
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Impossible to open links in Chrome or Opera

Postby Berwen » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:45 pm

I too have the same problem only with windows 10. The links do open with Firefox but not Chrome or Opera. Any answer would be appreciated.

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:58 am

For illustrated instructions on how to designate the default programs in Windows 10, please refer to the online article at:
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-chan ... windows-10

In this case, simply select "Google Chrome" as the default web browser in your system.

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

Berwen
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Berwen » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

IncrediModerator wrote:For illustrated instructions on how to designate the default programs in Windows 10, please refer to the online article at:
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-chan ... windows-10

In this case, simply select "Google Chrome" as the default web browser in your system.

Please let me know the results.

<Sad Smile> If I had wanted to change browsers I would have done that but I use Opera and prefer it. For your information Chrome won't open the HTML link either. Perhaps you could address the problem as indicated and not haphazardly.

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:57 am

As a workaround, simply copy and paste the link into the address bar of Google Chrome.

To copy the link, simply highlight it with your mouse and then press <Ctrl><C> on your keyboard.

To paste the link, simply click in the address bar of the browser and then press <Ctrl><V> on your keyboard.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

Return to “Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)”