Program crashes PC when opened

Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
pangie7777
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Program crashes PC when opened

Postby pangie7777 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:57 am

Your IncrediMail Version: Latest 2.5
Your Internet Browser Type: Google Chrome
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?
Nothing that I can think of apart from all the Microsoft Windows that come down automatically.

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
I receive no error messages

Please provide a full description of the problem:
I have used Incredimail for years with no problem. However, a couple of days ago, it just stopped working. Not only did Incredimail crash but it then crashed my PC (even my VDU would not work). Everything greyed-out and I had to reboot. Each time I opened Incredimail, it showed in my Task Manager that the memory was being 'eaten up' by the system. Once the physical memory reaches a certain point, it crashes my PC.

I tried several reinstallations of Incredimail. I then deleted Incredimail and reinstalled it from scratch. Unfortunately, it did not cure the problem. Always the same thing: Incredimail opens and everything seems normal. However, the moment I click on anything in my folders or try to send an email, it crashes. Also, if I do not close Incredimail as soon as possible, it crashes my PC.

As you can see from the screenshot of my Task Manager, Incredimail is using up an enormous amount of memory.

What can I do about this?
Attachments
Task Manager.png
Out of Memory Task Manager

Return to “Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)”