Crash after Windows update

Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
JulieM426
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Crash after Windows update

Postby JulieM426 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:31 pm

Are you ever going to fix this problem or should we just give up and find another email program?

Por2gal
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Por2gal » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:59 am

just downloaded a <New> update on the September 16, 2016
for Adobe Flash player Kbid=3188128 <No>
Incedimail stopped working after this

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:00 pm

As the crash issue has long since been resolved, please run the following executable to install the latest build of IncrediMail 2.5:
http://www5l.incredimail.com/im/imsetup ... lSetup.exe

When complete, please restart your computer.

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

dalej
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby dalej » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:42 am

Sorry guys, but your newest install .exe is still the same POS software it has been for over a year now.

Win 7 x64 (so don't try and tell me this is only a problem with x32 machines.

It takes a dozen attempts at starting the program before it finally starts. The first few never get to the splash screen,
the next few crash about halfway through displaying the contents of the inbox, the next few crash as soon as we try to open anything (or click anywhere within Encredimail). Finally we get a semi stable version where we can read incoming mail, but heaven forbid we try sending anything without our toes and fingers crossed for good luck. It is about 50 - 50 that will crash the program.

If it runs for more than a few hours without just vanishing from memory without a trace whenever it wants to, we consider ourselves fortunate.

We tried XP mode (net result is it takes less tries to finally get it loaded, but we now have to respond to UAC with every attempted program start. Vista mode will not start at all.

Quit telling us to uninstall other software security updates just because you cant get your software working after many many months of this.

FIX THIS NOW!!!

Dale

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:52 pm

Firstly, please verify that you are actually running the latest build of IncrediMail 2.5.

To check this, please click on Help > About IncrediMail 2.5 in the top menu of IncrediMail.

If the Build ID is anything below 6605328, please run the following executable to install the latest build of IncrediMail 2.5:
http://www5l.incredimail.com/im/imsetup ... lSetup.exe

When complete, please restart your computer.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:54 pm

If you are indeed running the latest build of IncrediMail 2.5, such performance issues can often be solved by deleting the IncrediMail "Runtime" folder. After deleting the Runtime folder, the folder will be automatically recreated, and your IncrediMail content will once again be saved each time it is used.

To delete the Runtime folder, please run the following executable:
http://www2l.incredimail.com/contents/s ... el_run.exe

When done, open IncrediMail and check the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:55 pm

If the problems continue, it's possible the issue you encountered is because another program installed on your computer is conflicting with IncrediMail.

Therefore, please disable all of the startup programs in Windows as instructed in the online article at:
http://www.groovypost.com/howto/disable ... indows-10/

After that, please restart your computer and then try using the IncrediMail application.

Note: This will merely disable the automatic startup of the application when restarting your computer. You will still be able to manually launch the applications from the Start menu (or Windows 10 equivalent).
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:56 pm

If the problems still continue, I would like you to open a new identity and see if you still encounter the same problems.

To create a new identity, please click on Tools > Identities > New Identity.

Set up your identity, and check to see if problems continue to occur in the new identity.

Please note that I would like you to configure the same email address in your new identity, there is no need to create a new email address. While the identity name should be different, the email address should be exactly the same.

As everything is being done in the new identity, none of the data and settings in your original identity should be affected.

To switch back to your original identity, simply click on Tools > Switch Identity, select the appropriate identity, and click on OK.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:58 pm

If the problems still continue, I would like you switch to another Windows user (create one if necessary), launch IncrediMail, reconfigure your account, and see if the same problems occur there as well.

For detailed instructions on how to create users in Windows 10, please refer to the online article at:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/ins ... windows-10

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

Por2gal
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Por2gal » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:20 am

I will not be installing Incredimail 2.5. as it lost all my messages I had saved and my favourite icons.
after many efforts to regain all my saved messages and contacts. I have resorted to keep the older version until Perion can fix it.
emoticon-0121-angry
I had Incredimail 2.0 [Build ID: 6395274] working just fine until the latest security Update for Adobe Flash Player
{kbid=4022730}
emoticon-0107-sweating
killed it again.

i have uninstalled this version update, Incredimail now works. Yay <Clapping>

Return to “Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)”