Crash after Windows update

Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
HansW
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Crash after Windows update

Postby HansW » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:49 pm

Perhaps problem solved in Win 10. Still no go in Win 7 - 64.
Don't know what's going on but IM should get off their asses and solve this.
As a paying customer i would like some more effort.

bridger
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby bridger » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:36 pm

It may have fixed the problem for Win10 users, but my Vista system and Win7 are still crashing even with the Flash Player updated. Anyone know how to fix this issue so all users can continue using IM?

MommaDane
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby MommaDane » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:48 pm

I got the windows update this morning (1/6/16). Still crashing. Had to uninstall today's update too. Any thoughts? I am continually having some kind of problems with Incredimail. Been a paying member a long time.

Dixours
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Dixours » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:15 am

bridger wrote:It may have fixed the problem for Win10 users, but my Vista system and Win7 are still crashing even with the Flash Player updated. Anyone know how to fix this issue so all users can continue using IM?

No, unfortunately the last update Kb3133431didn't fix the issue for Win10 users (still the problem here with Win10 64 bits FR).
Have to uninstall this update too and use the official Microsoft tool (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930) to prevent this update from reinstalling.

Incredimail Developpers, WTH are you waiting for ?

bridger
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby bridger » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:04 pm

I received an email this morning from IM, with links to the fixes - the only problem is, nothing for systems running earlier than WIN7 - and the patch/fix file contains something my security service says is a threat.... so still not able to open IM easily. Friends who are still using XP and Vista are stuck, and the WIN7 fix can't be run because of security issues. <Sad Smile> Not happy.... at all. For anyone who's looking, the board index contains the links for the new fixes, it's the first thing you see on the Index. Good Luck everyone!

Jeanne
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Jeanne » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:06 pm

well NON of this advice worked for me, im still using windows 7 premium and since my attempted upgrade to windows 10, the resulting mess of losing IM is still going on. I went back to w7, got rid of the update, stopped it from re adding the updated security file and I STLL CANT DOWNLOAD IM.

motorman
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby motorman » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:24 pm

Installed the fix announced by incredimail. Program now opens without crashing, BUT ... if I try to do ANYTHING, open a message, move a message, anything, the program crashes <Devil> Getting really tired of feeling like this company could care less about it's supporters. Come on tech folks, fix this dang thing right. Also still waiting, over a year now, for a fix that will stop telling me that I am not connected to the internet and allow me to check for updates. Then again, maybe the company isn't bothering to develop any updates.

TwoGlides15
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby TwoGlides15 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:30 pm

Dixours wrote:
bridger wrote:It may have fixed the problem for Win10 users, but my Vista system and Win7 are still crashing even with the Flash Player updated. Anyone know how to fix this issue so all users can continue using IM?

No, unfortunately the last update Kb3133431didn't fix the issue for Win10 users (still the problem here with Win10 64 bits FR).
Have to uninstall this update too and use the official Microsoft tool (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930) to prevent this update from reinstalling.

Incredimail Developpers, WTH are you waiting for ?

I am running Windows 10, I installed the KB3133431 update yesterday, and it fixed IM the problem on my computer.

ProFumi
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby ProFumi » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:40 pm

Hi all here is the solution: First download on the Microsoft page the show or hide tool see link. Then delete all Microsoft Flash updates but do not restart you Computer YET! First run the Show or Hide Tool you just downloaded from Microsoft and click next and then the Hide button then you will see the Flash Updates you have to mark them and click next you will never get this updates again until IM has a solution then you can run the tool again and install them. If Microsoft gives new Flash updates and IM crashes again just delete the update and run the tool again.
This is the only way to get IM back to work normal.

Any problems contact me <Wink>

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

captainpugwash
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby captainpugwash » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:27 am

bridger wrote:I received an email this morning from IM, with links to the fixes - the only problem is, nothing for systems running earlier than WIN7 - and the patch/fix file contains something my security service says is a threat.... so still not able to open IM easily. Friends who are still using XP and Vista are stuck, and the WIN7 fix can't be run because of security issues. <Sad Smile> Not happy.... at all. For anyone who's looking, the board index contains the links for the new fixes, it's the first thing you see on the Index. Good Luck everyone!

My antivirus and Malwarebites don't report any problems with the file, and it worked ok for me. <Smile>

I sent it to Virustotal which reported that 10 out of 55 Antivirus programs are reporting it as malware, but all the reports are different (ie all of them identify the malware as something different from each other). I think these are false positives. Malwarebites is very reliable as far as problem detection goes and it's showing no problem.

Return to “Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)”