Crash after Windows update

Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
StuE
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Crash after Windows update

Postby StuE » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:55 pm

I have found windows update KB3119147 (Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player) causes Incredimail to crash.
Is there a fix for this yet?

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Crash after Windows update

Postby IncrediModerator » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:08 pm

To address this issue, I would like you to try uninstalling and then reinstalling IncrediMail 2.5.

As the uninstall script only removes the exe/dll files, your existing data and settings should not be affected.

Note: Please copy and paste the following instructions into Notepad or Word, as the message will no longer be visible after uninstalling IncrediMail.

To uninstall IncrediMail 2.5, please go to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features, right-click on "IncrediMail 2.5" and select "Uninstall".

After the uninstall completes, please run the following executable to install the latest build of IncrediMail 2.5:
http://www5l.incredimail.com/im/imsetup ... lSetup.exe

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

StuE
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby StuE » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:14 pm

Thankyou for the reply but the issue remains.
I have uninstalled the windows update so i can still use my email.
Has anybody else reported a fault with this?

jmcdonahue
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby jmcdonahue » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:55 pm

I have had the same problem after the updates on 12-10-15...A screen appears telling me the application has stopped working and Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. Sometimes the program will load up after trying over and over to open it...After it loads up it works fine...

cottonlane
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby cottonlane » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:54 am

The problem is with the update for the Flash player in IE on Windows 10 32bit, 64bit seems to be OK I have had to uninstall the update twice on the 32bit edition to get Incredimail to work hope this helps

mmfoffice
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby mmfoffice » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:16 am

Confirmed same issues with update killing Incredimail. Thank you for the help in debugging the issue!

LBTV
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby LBTV » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:54 am

Same problem here. Incredimail as a program is ridiculously out of date and hasn't been refreshed for 3 years now. Are you actually going to implement a proper fix for this problem? It is evident that a Flash player security update is the cause of this, but the problem lies in the out of date coding in Incredimail, not with Windows or any individual user. The short term fix is to uninstall the Windows update, but that means we are now at the point of having to have less secure computers just so we can limp along the ageing Incredimail. Not a good position to be in!

This is the detailed appcrash message:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: IncMail.exe
Application Version: 6.6.0.5288
Application Timestamp: 524abb1e
Fault Module Name: StackHash_d425
Fault Module Version: 6.3.9600.18146
Fault Module Timestamp: 5650afd4
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: PCH_DC_FROM_ntdll+0x0003C9EC
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: d425
Additional Information 2: d425e9430a1518e5f9e963df583fdb10
Additional Information 3: 3ec9
Additional Information 4: 3ec9aaf8a43ca7d41fee08e34fadd190

StuE
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby StuE » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:19 pm

Thanks for the reply but i have not got it to work yet.

I will give it a couple of days and have to uninstall I feel <Sad Smile>

FrankD1
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby FrankD1 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:46 pm

Hello, same thing happening to me, I contacted Tech Support but all they want me to do is un-install and re-install which doesn't still fix the problem.

What's bothering is that I have sent the person my technical report back and still he didn't reply, are they working on it?

I have checked and Windows is telling me that the last update DID affect Incredimail 2.56.6.0.5288........so........ Incredimail should fix this problem.

The only way I can log in the program, once it shuts down telling me the appl. has stopped working, is if I click on the lower task bar on the incredimail icon and scroll up to "Open Incredimail" click on it............... It opens without the previously displayed error MSG then the program flickers, like it is unstable and wants to shut down, and then it allows me to click on the last e-mail which it reports the usual message "Incredimail 2.5 did not shut down properly, please, click here to display this message properly" and it starts to work!!

INCREDIMAIL TECH SUPPORT CAN YOU PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM ASAP??

THANK YOU!

vitachick
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby vitachick » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:47 am

Won't help to uninstall Incredimail and reinstall. I did it and same windows error... <Devil> <Devil>

It worked once, then past 3 times it didn't..Has to be Win10..No problems until their latest update.

Let's see what the programers/coders come up with.. <Cool> <Cool>

Return to “Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)”