Incredimail Doesn't Launch

Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
Pudding
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Incredimail Doesn't Launch

Postby Pudding » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:18 pm

Rong1 thanks for that. It got me working again.
Cheers.
<Smile>

Jaycies2
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Jaycies2 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:26 pm

This worked for me too! Thank you! I've gone three days without having it and Incredimail is where all my files are. <Clapping>

tar81
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby tar81 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:57 pm

rong1 wrote:I've removed Microsoft's latest update KB3132372, and Incredimail working again. Hooray!
To remove:
right-click Start, click Control Panel, click Programs Uninstall a Program.
On the left, select View Installed Updates
Towards bottom of list is a section titled Microsoft Windows
In that section locate and select Security Update KB 3132372
Click delete, uninstall or remove (unsure what the option was)
Restart computer.
After 2 or 3 attempts, Incredimail worked as before.
Best of luck to you.
Rong1

I am so happy i found this site!! removing that update saved me $57.00 i called incredimail and that whats they told to get a tech involved thank you so much for that information!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Specialk
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Specialk » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:06 pm

Windows 10 latest update caused this to happen on all my PCs. I determined it was the update that caused the problem and I also
figured out which updated caused it. So the procedure is as follows:

Left click on the Menu button (lower left side of screen)

Click on settings

Go to Update & Security

Click on Advanced options

Click on View your update history

Click on Uninstall Updates

Right click on the update listed below and select uninstall

Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3132372)

Temora140
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Temora140 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:47 am

Anita P posted this fix in another part of the forum. I downloaded the suggested fix and I have not had a problem for the last few hours.

I had the problem of Windows Update reinstalling the problem update - and Incredimail crashed again. You can download a tool that will allow you to hide/block specific updates. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/block-unw ... windows-10 . Follow prompts and then look for KB3132372 update and hide that one only. Windows Update will not apply this update anymore.

It is a Flash Player update from Microsoft

I did the uninstall of the update KB3132372 but Windows kept putting it back so thats when I found the post from Anita P, has seemed to solve the problem until Incredimail can get their act together with a fix.

brokanagan
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby brokanagan » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:30 am

Temora140 posted a link to learn how to hide/block windows updates. The link is incorrect it should be http://www.thewindowsclub.com/block-unw ... windows-10 Thanks for the tip Temora140. It worked great for me

yehia77777
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby yehia77777 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:59 pm

Thank you for the post.
I'm using Windows 10 pro 64 bit too and I had the same problem.
I uninstalled the update and everything went fine, but after a few hours I had the same problem again because Windows automatically installed the update again.
To prevent automatic installation, you should hide the update, see this link: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/block-unw ... windows-10
If you run the tool while the update is still present and installed, the tool will not find it and you will not be able to hide it, so you have to uninstall the update and restart the computer and as soon as the restart is finished you should run the tool the first thing you do NOT giving Windows the chance to reinstall the update.
This way when you run the tool again and follow the prompts, you will see the update listed, check it and hide it and it will not be reinstalled anymore.
Remember to let incredimail start at Windows startup and activate the updates notification so that you will know when incredimail solves the problem then you can unhide the update again.
Best of luck

AZW
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby AZW » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:51 pm

I have used Incredimail basic for 10 + years without this kind of problem. I have looked for the Windows update mentioned and it's not there...that's apparently not where the problem started, but I am having the same crashing issue.
Incredimail will not open correctly until I try it several times, my clock window in the upper right corner is blank so that I don't see the time, when emails come in or send, etc...nothing...just a white space. Now, my notifier doesn't work properly and my Incredimail icon in my tray does not show mail so that I have to constantly check to see if anything has come in.
Is there any time frame as to when this problem is fixed? I have Windows 7. I'm afraid, the way I'm losing features, that soon it's going to stop all together.
Please help!!

rong1
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby rong1 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:27 am

If the problem continues with the Incredimail program due to that Microsoft update being reinstalled continually, this can be remedied.

The following method will cease the repeated download by "hiding" it.

Go to HTTPS://support.Microsoft.com/en-us/kb/ ... ce=twitter

Click the Download the "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package now.

Wushowhide.diagcab will download to bottom left of screen. (It's a huge 46KB)

Click this program to initiate it.

Show or Hide Updates window appears

Click Next

Program detects problems

Click Hide Updates option

A number of items appear. Select Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player . . . .(KB3132372)

Click Next

When process has completed, Windows will not download this Security Update.

You will need to Unhide it when Incredimail have sorted out their problems.

Return to “Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)”