Saved emails

Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
stubrnLEO
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Saved emails

Postby stubrnLEO » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:35 am

Lately I've been having a problem with emails I save in "My Documents". When I try to look at the email I saved the body of the email doesn't appear when the page loads. All that shows up is the info in the top left; the to and from. What could be causing this to happen? I'll truly appreciate any help I might be able to get.

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Saved emails

Postby IncrediModerator » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:00 pm

In this case, are you unable to view the messages in IncrediMail or only after saving them to the My Documents folder ?

To be sure, are you referring to the My Documents folder in Windows and not the "On my computer" folder in IncrediMail ?

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

stubrnLEO
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby stubrnLEO » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:06 pm

Thanks for the reply. I'm referring to the "My Documents" folder in Windows. I'm able to view the message in IncrediMail okay. It's when I go to the "My Documents" folder that the message doesn't appear. This problem wasn't happening until a couple of weeks ago. Until it started I could always view the messages I stored in the "My Documents" folder.

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:45 pm

If you open a new identity in IncrediMail and save the messages from that identity in the My Documents folder, are you able to view the content of those messages ?

To create a new identity in IncrediMail, please click on Tools > Identities > New Identity.

In this case, I would like you to configure the same email address in your new identity, there is no need to create a new email address.

While the identity name should be different, the email address should be exactly the same.

To switch back to your original identity, simply click on Tools > Switch Identity, select the appropriate identity, and click on OK.

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

stubrnLEO
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby stubrnLEO » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:57 am

I tried setting up a new identity as you suggested. I'm still unable to view the content in the emails I save to "My Documents" on my computer.

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:48 pm

To further address this issue, please run the following executable:
http://www2l.incredimail.com/contents/s ... _index.exe

Once finished, you must keep IncrediMail open for at least 24 Hours to complete the indexing.

You may minimize the IncrediMail window in the Windows taskbar so that you can work with other programs in the meantime.

Note: The above solution will only affect messages newly saved to the My Documents folder. It will not be retroactive.

Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

stubrnLEO
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby stubrnLEO » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:12 am

I ran the .exe you provided, and IncrediMail has been opened for over 30 hours since I ran it. I tried saving some emails to "My Documents" on the computer. I got mixed results with the emails I saved. I could view the messages that had a link in them to view the email online. The emails that didn't have the link to view online still are not showing the message when I open them. I don't know if this has anything to do with the problem or not.

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:27 pm

To further address this issue, I would like you to try uninstalling and then reinstalling IncrediMail 2.5.

As the uninstall script only removes the exe/dll files, your existing data and settings should not be affected.

To uninstall IncrediMail 2.5, please go to Start > Settings > System > Apps and features, select "IncrediMail 2.5" and click on "Uninstall".

After the uninstall completes, please run the following executable to install the latest build of IncrediMail 2.5:
http://www5l.incredimail.com/im/imsetup ... lSetup.exe

Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

stubrnLEO
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby stubrnLEO » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:49 am

I uninstalled then reinstalled as you advised. So far everything seems to be working fine again. I appreciate your patience and help with this.

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:20 pm

I am glad to hear everything is now working as it should :-)
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

Return to “Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)”