Scroll Bar Issue & State of IncrediMail as I See It - Post Deleted

Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
PhartStorm
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Scroll Bar Issue & State of IncrediMail as I See It - Post Deleted

Postby PhartStorm » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:50 pm

On September 19, 2017, I posted a response to a thread regarding the long-standing IM scroll bar issue (scroll bar is frozen and you must resend the message to yourself to view all the content). I also commented on the state of IncrediMail, as I see it. Unfortunately, this message has somehow disappeared. Luckily, I saved a copy of the post just in case something unusual happened. I am re-posting this message to solicit thoughts/feedback from other IM users and any comments IM Support may wish to provide. In the original message, I was responding to a fellow user's concern that the scroll bar issue has remained unresolved since 2015. My response as follows:

"This problem has been around for longer than that. I believe it was around 2012 when Perion decided to focus on other business areas. At that time, IM2.0 was the active version and IM2.5 was in beta. Due to the shift in focus, IM2.5 was moved from beta to production (bugs and all) and IM2.0 became a legacy product. Since then, there have been no significant updates or bug fixes to the program. I have been told countless times by the moderators over the years that "our developers are working on a solution". The sad fact is there are no developers working on IM2.5. If there were, we would have had these issues addressed well before now. I believe Perion is treating IM as a legacy product and, while they do provide some user support, there will be no future development or bug fixes. If a Windows compatibility issue surfaces that breaks the IM application, they may choose to fix that.

I am truly disappointed in Perion for halting all development of their IM product. I have enjoyed using it for many years, but the scroll bar problem mentioned here impacts nearly 40% of my emails. While I love the personalization features and stationery, I simply cannot continue to use IM as my main email application any more - this error makes it too cumbersome for me to use on a daily basis. I have maintained hope for at least some bug fixes over the past few years, but I think we need to accept the reality that it will never happen. Perion will keep the product on life support as long as it is profitable for them to do so. A sad end to a truly innovative, one-of-a-kind and fun program...
<Sad Smile> "

Return to “Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)”