Incredimail will not open

Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
Chap0022
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Incredimail will not open

Postby Chap0022 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:25 pm

I have Windows 10. I use Microsoft Edge. My IncrediMail is version 2.0. When I click on IncrediMail it does not open. If I click multiple times a small window pops up and says, "Critical error has occurred. IncrediMail may not continue this session." IncrediMail does open at all. That just pops up. When I uninstalled version 2.0 and then installed version 2.5 instead got a crash report (IncrediMail did not open at all) that said (I don't have the full message, but here is part of it) "Exception: ACCESS_VIOLATION (C0000005)". I didn't know what to do so I did a system restore to a previous date, so now my IncrediMail is back to version 2.0.

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Incredimail will not open

Postby IncrediModerator » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:36 pm

To address this issue, I would like you to boot Windows in Safe Mode, which loads Windows with only the necessary drivers, and then try using IncrediMail again.

To boot Windows in Safe Mode, please do the following:

1. Click on the Windows Start menu, type "msconfig" in the search box, and press <Enter> on your keyboard.

2. In the 'System Configuration' dialog, go to the 'Boot' tab.

3. Under 'Boot Options', select the options "Safe boot" and "Network".

4. In addition, make sure the option "Make all boot settings permanent" is not selected.

5. Click on OK and then restart your computer.

After Windows starts up, open IncrediMail and let me know if the problem continues to occur.

To restore your computer to its normal state, simply restart it once again.

Note: If for some reason you get stuck in Safe Mode, simply open the System Configuration dialog once again, and on the General tab, select the option "Normal Startup". Click on OK and then restart your computer.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

Return to “Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)”