Bouncing Problems

Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
CEG
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Bouncing Problems

Postby CEG » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:34 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: IM2
Your Internet Browser Type: Google Chrome
Your Operation System: Windows XP

What have you done before the problem occurred?
Attempted to bounce a message.

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
No error message.

Please provide a full description of the problem:
What should I do when IM2 "hangs up" while trying to bounce a message? Thanks!

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Bouncing Problems

Postby IncrediModerator » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:44 pm

First, I would like you to install the latest version of IncrediMail 2. Click on the following link of IncrediMail 2:

http://www.incredimail.com/english/down ... &test=true

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

akvarius
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby akvarius » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:08 pm

I have learned that the bouncing feature does not work. I have tested it by sending mail to myself. IM seems to try to send the message and the message disappears from the outbox, but it does not confirm sending. And the message does not arrive.

I have version 6044474.

Edit: I upgraded to 4480 - no change.
Last edited by akvarius on Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greetings,

Lasse

CEG
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby CEG » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:22 pm

I am already running the latest build - 6064480. I don't get a great deal of spam and don't bounce many messages, but sometimes messages seem to bounce quickly and other times IM2 send/receive hangs up and neither bounces nor sends/receives other messages. I am still able to use other functions in IM2, because the whole application doesn't crash. I tried shutting down IM2 and restarting when the bounce hung up, but the only thing that seemed to solve it is rebooting my whole system. I guess it's possible that the problem is coming from mail servers, but it is rare that my multiple email accounts don't send and receive on demand and quickly.

Has it hung up since I installed 4480? I'm not sure, probably. I will report back.

It's few hours later, and I just tried to bounce a message. So far, it has been trying to connect for about ten minutes.

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:26 pm

An error while trying to bounce an email may be caused by the following:

• The Spammer sent you the Spam email using a domain that does not exist (Fake Domain)
  • The Spammer sent you the Spam email using a username that does not exist (Fake Username)

Also, as you mentioned IncrediMail can show you it's connecting and not send the email at all, because it couldn't send the email to that address.

Note: The error message is not caused by IncrediMail - it is caused by the spam email.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

CEG
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby CEG » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:48 am

OK. I can understand IM2 has trouble sending mail to a bogus address. How about a fix, so that IM2 times out after a certain period and reports the mail undeliverable? That is what is needed. As it is, now you can't send or receive when bouncing hangs up. I recently discovered that if I shutdown and then reopen repeatedly IM2 finally stops trying to send it ...... or in fact does send it. It does delete it (as requested). My impression was that it was eventually sent but, based on your comments, it may not have been sent and was only deleted.

thanks

CEG

akvarius
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby akvarius » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:06 pm

What about my case? I sent a mail to myself and tried to bounce it with no success. IM tries to connect for a long time and gives up without error messages, the message was moved from outbox to sent items but it was never sent back. In this case it could not be caused by fake domain or username.
Greetings,

Lasse

CEG
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby CEG » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:29 pm

Still having the occasional problem with IM2 not finishing a bounce and hanging up. I understand how a spammer would not use a real address, but what I asked for (and think appropriate) is a fix from IM. Why not time out after a certain period and advise the email cannot be bounced. This is preferred to leaving us to find ways to stop the endless attempt to contact.

This is a needed fix.

thanks!

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:21 am

To solve the sending and receiving problem you are experiencing, I would like to ask you to follow these steps:

1) Open IncrediMail, click the 'Tools' menu and select 'Options'.

2) Select the 'Advanced' tab and select the 'Generate a log file when sending or receiving mail' check box.

3) Click 'OK' and try to bounce several emails again.

4) If you encounter any problems when sending or receiving please click the 'Tools' menu and select 'Options'.

5) Select the 'Advanced' tab and click 'Logs...' to open the 'Logs' folder.

Select all the files in the folder and send it to me in a private message.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

akvarius
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby akvarius » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:09 pm

Attempted to attach the files in a private message but got the message 'The extension log is not allowed.'
Greetings,

Lasse

Return to “Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)”