What would it take to get the Scroll Bar and Deleted Items Folder issues fixed in IM2.5?

Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
PhartStorm
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

What would it take to get the Scroll Bar and Deleted Items Folder issues fixed in IM2.5?

Postby PhartStorm » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:28 am

Dear Moderators,

As the title states, what would it take to get the scroll bar and deleted items folder issues fixed in IM2.5? As you know, these issues have been around for several years and I am just curious if there is anything the user community could do to persuade your developers to give us a bug fix update? Would a "Go Fund Me" page work? I would be willing to donate to get these issues fixed and I believe other users may also be willing to do so. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to get these issues resolved.

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: What would it take to get the Scroll Bar and Deleted Items Folder issues fixed in IM2.5?

Postby IncrediModerator » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:07 pm

Unfortunately, there is currently no target date for the fixing of these particular bugs.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

PhartStorm
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: What would it take to get the Scroll Bar and Deleted Items Folder issues fixed in IM2.5?

Postby PhartStorm » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:13 am

This response pretty much confirms my earlier assessment:

"The sad fact is there are no developers working on IM2.5. If there were, we would have had these issues addressed well before now. I believe Perion is treating IM as a legacy product and, while they do provide some user support, there will be no future development or bug fixes. If a Windows compatibility issue surfaces that breaks the IM application, they may choose to fix that.

I am truly disappointed in Perion for halting all development of their IM product. I have enjoyed using it for many years, but the scroll bar problem mentioned here impacts nearly 40% of my emails. While I love the personalization features and stationery, I simply cannot continue to use IM as my main email application any more - this error makes it too cumbersome for me to use on a daily basis. I have maintained hope for at least some bug fixes over the past few years, but I think we need to accept the reality that it will never happen. Perion will keep the product on life support as long as it is profitable for them to do so. A sad end to a truly innovative, one-of-a-kind and fun program..."

It seems Perion will not fix the bugs even if the user community offers to cover a portion of the cost. <Sad Smile>

Return to “Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)”