Unable to load Yahoo

Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
Paquebot
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Unable to load Yahoo

Postby Paquebot » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:03 pm

My current Internet provider is shutting down and another is needed. I have a Yahoo account which can be accessed on a different browser but will not load into the IncrediMail browser. There is no problem to add the account into IncrediMail but there is always a message of login failure and to check the user name and password. I have done that numerous times with no success and have also removed and reinstalled the Yahoo account with no success. According to Yahoo, if the account is working in one browser and not another, the problem is with the second browser. Suggestions please. Thanks in advance for any help.

Paquebot
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Unable to load Yahoo

Postby Paquebot » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:40 pm

There is a degree of urgency here and I was hoping for some support. My download of IncrediMail has several unresolved issues so I suspect that it is somehow corrupt. I have no desire to use Yahoo as my e-mail program and wish to continue using IncrediMail. As far as I know, all updates have been applied and the newest version is being used. Obviously it is not working properly.

PhartStorm
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby PhartStorm » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:12 am

Paquebot,

I would not hold your breath waiting for a response. No IncrediMail moderator has posted here for more than a year. The product is pretty much abandon-ware at this point. That said and assuming you are certain your Yahoo mail username and password are correct, I would suggest you validate the the Yahoo pop3 or imap and smtp ports and addresses. If those are correct, then you may want to try adjusting your SSL settings. Good luck!

Paquebot
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Paquebot » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:33 am

What worked was a simple fix and it was a Yahoo thing, not IncrediMail. Yahoo security had to be changed to allow it to "Give temporary access to outdated third-party apps." As soon Yahoo was allowed to do that, everything from Yahoo jumped over to IncrediMail as soon as the account was established. Problem solved! Thanks to IncrediMail Support for that.

Return to “Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)”