Can't get rid of MyStart  [Solved]

Share/Bookmark
Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

Can't get rid of MyStart

Postby fishhunter82 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:09 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: Incredimail 2
Your Internet Browser Type: Internet Explorer 8
Your Operation System: Windows XP

What have you done before the problem occurred?
Installed Incredimail 2

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:

Please provide a full description of the problem:
Ever since I have upgraded to Incredimail 2, I have found that none of my desktop links works, and any links in emails no longer work. When I click on links or icons, I am just taken to the MyStart.Incredimail.com search engine page, where I have to type in the url of where ever I want to go. This is so aggravating, since many urls are four inches long, and you can't always copy and paste links when it is just an underlined "click here" link. I have tried to get rid of MyStart by changing the default search provider, but no matter how many times I change it, MyStart is always the default page that opens.
I really don't want to stop using Incredimail, but I am more than frustrated at this point. I know this problem has been addressed before, but no suitable answer has been given, other than how to change the default setting,( which doesn't work) or how to export the emails and drop Incredimail altogether. Isn't there some way to fix this?????
fishhunter82
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Can't get rid of MyStart  [Solved]

Postby IncrediModerator » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:36 am

Please perform the following for Internet Explorer: 

1. Open Internet Explorer, click the 'Tools' menu and select 'Internet Options...'.
2. Select the 'General' tab and click 'Delete...'. Make sure that all the boxes are checked and click 'Delete'.
3. Select the 'Programs' tab, press the 'Make Default' button (It might be grayed out), and select the 'Tell me if Internet Explorer is not the default web browser' check box.
4. Select the 'Advanced' tab and click 'Reset...'. And click the 'Reset' button again.
5. Click 'OK' and close all windows.

Please let me know if the problem persists.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Can't get rid of MyStart

Postby fishhunter82 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:37 am

I followed your instructions, and it seems to have solved the problem. Thanks!
fishhunter82
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Return to Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)