Please help to restore data.cab files

Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
gngracie
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Please help to restore data.cab files

Postby gngracie » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:14 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: 6264852
Your Internet Browser Type: FireFox 3.5
Your Operation System: Windows XP

What have you done before the problem occurred?
I have uninstalled and reinstalled IM multiple times.

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
Incredimail has encountered a problem and needs to close... Exception: MICROSOFT_CRT (E06D7363), Faulting Offset; 00012AF8, Module: kernel32.DLL.

Please provide a full description of the problem:
My husband had to wipe my laptop due to a virus. Prior to the wipe I backed up IM and all folders, except "identities," which would not back up - I kept getting an error message. However, I was told that as long as my data.cab files were backed up I wouldn't lose any of my messages, contacts, etc. My data.cab files (4) backed up with no problem whatsoever. Now that my laptop is back up and running I've installed IM (but not my license number, letters, etc), and I'm trying to restore via: File - Data & Settings Transfer Wizard - Import Data & Settings. Upon doing so, I keep getting the above-mentioned error message. I've uninstalled and reinstalled without any success (I keep getting the same error message).

I have years worth of work and personal emails and contacts that I cannot lose! How can I resolve this issue and thanks much for any help!! <Smile>

Thank you so much for any help.

P.S. If I am unable to fix this problem through assistance on this board, is there any place else I can get IM assistance? I'm desperate to restore these files.

Tom51
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Please help to restore data.cab files

Postby Tom51 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:21 pm

I have the same problem, the new Incredimail Backup isn't worth a darn. I backed up both of my accounts and uninstalled IncrediMail and its other programs. After rebooting, I reinstalled IM, IM Backup, and the protection Spam file. When I exited IM, I selected to restore my two accounts, it took 10 - 15 minutes and I had high hopes that this would restore my Emails and account settings, but no, it was just a waste of time. I've asked for a refund several times, but no one seems to care. I prefer IncrediMail v2 over Plus because its "Files & Settings Transfer" works all the time and restores both accounts at once. I already paid for the previous program and all its features. So I wasted more money. I am seriously thinking about cutting off my ISP and just use my PC for backing up movies I recorded and movies I bought, and play one game now and then.

gngracie
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby gngracie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:35 am

Sorry to hear that, Tom. Surely someone here can point us in another direction to get an answer/resolution to this problem.

Can anyone point me in another direction to look/call/email to get assistance for this? I have years worth of work and personal emails that I need to recover!!

cdenice
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby cdenice » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:08 am

Hi gngracie,

I see that you're using a version of Incredimail thats 3 builds behind the current build. Why don't you try reinstalling Incredimail with the latest full setup file. Use the link below.
http://www.incredimail.com/english/down ... =fullsetup
HELP !!!

Return to “Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)”